Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

h264 encoder problem

gossamer
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using umc_video_enc_con from IPP 6.0. Trying to encode YV12 raw video to h264, but i have some problems ... As YV12 is YUV 4:2:0 but with YVU order i'm using proper color format (YV12 or mColorFormat=0), result is the same as using standard YUV420 color format (and that is blueish video).

start application with: umc_video_enc_con h264 -i input.yuv -f60 -w 1280 -h 720 -o out.h264

Also i have changed video_enc_con.cpp to use mColorFormat as YV12.

Do i need to change anything else ? Is YVU420 supported ?

Thanx!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Emmanuel_W_
New Contributor I
Quoting - gossamer

Hi,

I'm using umc_video_enc_con from IPP 6.0. Trying to encode YV12 raw video to h264, but i have some problems ... As YV12 is YUV 4:2:0 but with YVU order i'm using proper color format (YV12 or mColorFormat=0), result is the same as using standard YUV420 color format (and that is blueish video).

start application with: umc_video_enc_con h264 -i input.yuv -f60 -w 1280 -h 720 -o out.h264

Also i have changed video_enc_con.cpp to use mColorFormat as YV12.

Do i need to change anything else ? Is YVU420 supported ?

Thanx!

Check the VideoEncodingSample::GetInputData function in video_enc_utils.cpp. This is where the plane are inverted for YV12. In order for the plane switching to happen, the colorformat must be set correctly in the MediaData object. I believe this is done in the Run() method. You should check if the colorformat has the proper value there.

0 Kudos