Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

how to use MMX to realize a convolution?

dengfuqin
Beginner

Can anyone tell me how to realize a convolution using MMX? for example using MMX to realizewhat ippiFilterSobelVert_8u_C3R does in IPP,

My boss want me to write a programe run faster than IPP.

I really appreciate you help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

is not it simplier to use IPP? The main goal of creating such a library was to simplify developer's life with that big set of hardwarefeatures provided by Intel processors (XScale, Itanium, SSE, dual-core and so on). The IPP functions are available on all Intel platforms under Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. What the reason to spendtime toduplicate this work?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
dengfuqin
Beginner

Hi

Yes, it very convinient when use Ipp, but my project it to do many convolutions. When use Ipp,I need to call Ipp function oncefor each convolution, for many convolutions it will read the date to the buffer many times, my boss want me to read image data to buffer once, and realize several convolutions at one time using MMX instruction like Ipp dose. He think this is faster than call many times Ipp function to realize many times convolutions. My project is a real-time project.

0 Kudos