Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ipp 7.0 h264 decoder issues

fsabah
Beginner

my issue concerns decoding reassembled access units (complete frame) containing more than 1 nalu.

with the previous version of ipp lib, the decoding was ok but there was crashes some time when a nalu is lost.

after upgrading to the new ipp version, i found that almost all h264 decoder code was changed. but when tried to test it, the first issues are:

after successfully decoding the first AU (contains more than 1 NALU), the decoder starts returning poorly decoded frames. when I looked closer, it seems that the decoder some times can't find nalu start code!!!!. after checking my inputs it seems that the decoder has changed the content of the input AU probably when moving the pointer to the next nalu.

is there someone experienced the same issue!

thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fsabah
Beginner
Iamtotallywrong inmy previous descriptionof the problem.Indeed,myproblemisthat ata given timeduringthe receptionof thevideostreamwhenthereareNalus belonging toakeyframethat arelost,thedecodercrashes trying todecodethe followingNalus.thecrashoccursatseveralplaces, eginfoo_external_p where pNRefPicList0 whichisempty(containsNULL pointers).

Icanavoidthis by for example droppingreceived Nalus til reception of the next keyframe. but this is not so good as you know: it is the responsibility of the decoder to manageandrecover

is there aworkaround for this?

thank youin advance
0 Kudos
fsabah
Beginner
for more information, it seems that the decoder crashes when trying to do deblocking. there's no check if some parts of the picture aren't present (lost)
could anyone help fixing this issue?
thank you
0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi,

You may get more feedback if you provide some test data that triggers the problem(s) with an appropriate description of how to do it. From you immediate description (of post #1), it could sound as if you have run into the issue of forum thread #76615, though I have not checked if IPP v. 7.0 has already fixed this. You could check it out.

Unless related to the issue of forum thread #76615, the second problem with crashes during deblocking as described in post #2 does sound worrying. Can you provide more information on how to reproduce it?

- Jay
0 Kudos