Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

ippiCrossCorrNormGetBufferSize parameters

b_k_
New Contributor I

Hello!

I have a question about ippiCrossCorrNormGetBufferSize .

The documentation for the function shows it takes 4 parameters:

IppStatus ippiCrossCorrNormGetBufferSize (IppiSize srcRoiSize, IppiSize tplRoiSize, IppEnum algType, int* pBufferSize);
However, in the example forCrossCorrNorm the GetBufferSize function is called with 5 parameters.
The extra parameter is ipp32f:
status = ippiCrossCorrNormGetBufferSize(srcRoiSize, tplRoiSize, ipp32f, funCfg, &bufSize);
The example does not compile. The error is:

ippiCrossCorrNormGetBufferSize': function does not take 5 arguments

We are using Ipp 8.1 but the documentation is the same for the latest relaeas.

The code works well for ipp8u images without the ipp32f parameter.

I guess it is important to communicate the pixel/element size to the GetBufferSize function.

How should it be done?
1 Solution
Ruqiu_C_Intel

Thank you again for posting your concern in the forum. We will fix it in the future release document. We are closing and will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ruqiu_C_Intel

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for reaching us. You are right, the extra parameter (ipp32f) should be moved in the sample code. We will update the sample code in documentation.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Ruqiu

0 Kudos
b_k_
New Contributor I

Thank you for the reply.

So if I understand correctly the call to ippiCrossCorrNormGetBufferSize should be

status = ippiCrossCorrNormGetBufferSize(srcRoiSize, tplRoiSize, funCfg, &bufSize);

regardless of the data type of source and tmplate images?

0 Kudos
Ruqiu_C_Intel

>>regardless of the data type of source and tmplate images?

Yes, the API calculates buffer size depends on srcRoiSize and tplRoiSize.

Have a good day!

Regards,

Ruqiu

Ruqiu_C_Intel

Thank you again for posting your concern in the forum. We will fix it in the future release document. We are closing and will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

0 Kudos