Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

link errors in VC++2005 for 64 bits platform for ijl jpeng encoder/decoder

fanguts
Beginner
Hi, I use ijl.h version 1.51 and link to ijl15.lib to our program with visual C++ 2005. In 32-bit platform, the programhas no problem. however, In 64-bits platform (Intel dual CPU), when I build the program, I got some link problems below. Any suggestion will be appreciate!!

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ijlInit referenced in function "public: __cdecl CAVJPEGEncoderIJLV1_5::CAVJPEGEncoderIJLV1_5(void)" (??0CAVJPEGEncoderIJLV1_5@@QEAA@XZ)

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ijlFree referenced in function "public: virtual __cdecl CAVJPEGEncoderIJLV1_5::~CAVJPEGEncoderIJLV1_5(void)" (??1CAVJPEGEncoderIJLV1_5@@UEAA@XZ)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Any specific reasons you still use 9 (nine!) year old IJL library?

I would recommend you to migrate to our new Unified Image Codec interface, where we provide threaded JPEG (including lossless and 12-bit lossy modes, missed in IJL), JPEG2000 and PNG codecs support. Additional advantage of UIC is cross-platform support (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) on IA32, Intel64, Itanium and Intel Atom processors.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
GAIL_N_
Beginner

The reason someone may still be using ijl is that is was small, easy to use, and reliable. The reason someone may not want to switch to IPP is that it is none of these things. Intel would do the world a great favor by making a 64-bit IJL DLL available. People would probably even pay for it!

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi GAIL, 

Thanks a lot for your feedback about the IJL.  As the original develop project was stoped many year ago, It may hard to maintain/update the IJL from us. But just let you know, it is possible for you to make a 64-bit IJL dll by yourselves. if you have the "source code" of ILJ from early IPP version ipp-samples/image-codecs/jpeg-ijl. 

Best Regards,

Ying 

0 Kudos