Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

mpeg4 decode with delphi

rikoipp
Beginner
Hello all,

have anyone already succeeded decoding an mpeg4 frame with delphi environment?

I am not sure where to start. The examples are useing the UMC interface.
So have i to convert this interface to delphi or can it be done without this?
Also is there a way to don't need the direct-x installed?

In my application i get the mpeg4 raw frames from an ip-cam already splitted ito audio and video.
All i have to do is to decode the video frames to RGB...

Is there a "easy" way to do?
Any help to point me in the right direction is welcome.

regards in advise,
riko.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Riko,

Have you checked out the following KB article?

Getting Started with Intel IPP Unified Media Classes Sample
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-intel-ipp-unified-media-classes-sample/

H.264 is used for the example, you would need to change the H.264 decoder class to the MPEG4 decoder class and convert the sample code in that KB into Delphi.

If you have access to a C++ compiler you couldcompile the UMC C++ project into a C++ object code fileand then link that object with your Delphi code using some of the methods described on the web. A quick search of the web indicates there are methods available to call C and C++ objects from a Delphi application.

Paul
0 Kudos
rikoipp
Beginner

Hello Paul,

thank you for your answer. Yes, i have seen this example. But the most problem of this is the UMC Interface.
I have no C++ compiler, and this way to do is "around corners" i think.
So it looks like there is no way for delphi developers to use the IPP if they have not lot of time to translate the UMC class to delphi...its a pity because it looks to be a powerful library...

Are there no delphi developers who have used the IPP for decoding?
Any other way?

riko.
0 Kudos
rikoipp
Beginner
no delphi developers here?
any help?
0 Kudos