Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

problems running simple_player.exe

mehrotra_kk
Beginner
Hi,
I was able to compile the application simple player on VC++ abd able to generate simple_player.exe. while trying to run this application with an mpeg1 input like:

simple_player.exe mpeg1mp2.m1v -p perf_data.txt -vfw

i get the following prints:

Usage: ????????e???????p????????w???????????
[-s(ilent)]
[-b(lind)]
[-n(atural temp)]
[-u(nrendered audio)
[-d(einterlacing)
[-i
[-t
[-p (must be in quotes if it contains gaps)]
[-v
-in the case of -vfwf>]
[-a
-in the case of -afwf]
[-f]
(-l |stream>(must be in quotes if it contains gaps)

which means probably that the options are not correct from my side. i am attaching the input bitstream for your reference mpeg1mp2.m1v.

A quick one from senior members would be really appeciated

regards
abhishek
0 Kudos
7 Replies
mehrotra_kk
Beginner
Hi guys no replies yet. Did anyone got similar error while executing simple player.
BTW i had build the exe on 32 bit windows m/c. also attaching the exe for your reference.simple_player.exe

0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator

Hi abhishek,

The UMC simple_player sample utilizes the UMC decoders, where I dont see any existing decoder for MPEG1 video.

Did you try an MPEG-2 stream or other video format supported by the UMC, in order to validate the built simpl_player.exe you have?

Please refer to the readme.htm, included within the simple_player project directory, and locate the current supported formats by the application; also, check the codec folder to see the full list of the sample implementations, UMC currently have.

Regards,

Tamer Assad

0 Kudos
mehrotra_kk
Beginner
Hi,
thanks for the reply.

Although MPEG1 decoder is not specifically listed in the readme doc of the application but the file umc_mpeg1_dec.cpp in the mpeg2_dec/src folder. even otherwise i am pretty sure that the mpeg1 decoding is done by ipp although the code is present under mpeg2_dec folder.

regards
abhishek
0 Kudos
mehrotra_kk
Beginner
I tried with mpeg2 video stream too still i got similar message as given above and no output.
0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator

Hi abhishek,

Are you building for UNICODE character set? If so, try another option, and let me know how is it going then.

Regards,

Tamer Assad
0 Kudos
mehrotra_kk
Beginner
really appreciate the help tamer. i was indeed building with unicode . thanks a lot. i resolved it

regards
abhishek
0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator

Hi abhishek,

Its good to know that your problem got solved.

Also, Im curious to know about the MPEG-1 decoding results with UMC, if you dont mind to share this result as well.

Regards,

Tamer Assad

0 Kudos