Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ps_ippi unable to run in KDE

hcostelha
Beginner
Hi, I'm using IPP4.1 under Linux and the following happends. When I run the test ps_ippi in the konsole under X11 (in KDE on a SuSE Linux Pro 9.1) it stops shortly after having started with the message "OMP abort: stack overlap detected!". If I run it from a terminal window (using Ctrl+Alt+F2 for instance) it runs without any problem.

What can I do?? Does this bring any problems to my code, or just to your tests?

Thanks.

Hugo
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
actually it looks like you have different environment settings in console and in terminal. Could you please verify that variables PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and so one are the same? I belive you need to have libguide.so accessible through env variables.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
hcostelha
Beginner
Hi,

Actually I don't use the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Instead I upadte the file /etc/ld.so.conf, so that it works for every user that logs into the computer. I simply had

/opt/intel/ipp/ia32_itanium/sharedlib
/opt/intel/ipp/ia32_itanium/sharedlib/linux32

to that file and everything worked well until now. In previous IPP versions (although I don't garantee that I uses SuSE Pro 9.1 on those times) it worked well. Concerning the $PATH variable, it has the same values.

Cheers.

Hugo
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi, could you please report about this issue to the premier.intel.com?
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
hcostelha
Beginner
Hi would do that, but I don't remember my password (my login is costelha_at_b52.ist.utl.pt) and whenever I try to retrieve the password by following the "Forgot My Password" link I get the following error on Intel's premier site:

"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please try the operation again. If the problem persists, use the feedback link on our home page to report the issue."

I tried with konqueror and the latest mozilla firefox release and got exactly the same result...

I don't remember having problems in the past. Did something changed in the Premier Site?

To whom should I post this problem.

Hugo
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
I'll ask Ying to check your accaunt info
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Dear Customer,

I have checked your login ID and your email address in our database, we found out there was not registration with this login ID.

If you have a valid Intel IPP serial number from IPP 4.1 evaluation or commercial release, please complete the registration from
https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/Register.aspx

Then you will be able to login to Intel Premier Support at https://premier.intel.com and submit an issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying

0 Kudos
hcostelha
Beginner
I didn't quite understand what happened here, but I followed the link ysong gave me and I managed to recover my password for the intel premier site. So I submitted the problem report.

Thanks for the help.

Hugo Costelha
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Great! I believe you will be supplied with some solution for this issue.
Vladimir
0 Kudos