Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

qcif yuv and cif yuv file

crazyhadoop
Beginner
which one is the sample umc h.264encoder used to read and encode it into the format of h.264.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi

Do you mean the sample code simpleencoder.cpp inGetting Started with Intel IPP Unified Media Classes Sample?

It provide parameters like below
int VideoWidth=352,VideoHeight=288,FrameNumber=200;

You may take it as cif YUV420. Theraw file foram is YUV420planar sampling structure, YUVYUVYUV......
(or you can get a input test files through runing simple_player.exe, which can decode h.264 stream, then write outa YUV file.)

But H.264 encoder doesn't limit the input YUV resolution. You may refer to the readme.htm inipp-samples\audio-video-codecs\application\umc_video_enc_con.
>If InputParFile not specified, at least options -w,-h should be specified and -o should be added before OutputEncodedFile.

Regards,
Ying H.

0 Kudos
crazyhadoop
Beginner
Yes, when I encode a piece of cif_yuv file. I just got a 4k h.264. I just assigned the w and h 352 and 288.
and why the frame size in the sample is width * height *3/2 , why not width*height?
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hello,

The sample take YUV4:2:0 plane as default yuv format , so the frame size is image width*image heipht *3 /2 if measured by byte.

if you cif_yuv file is YUV 444 plane format, then the size is image width*image heipht *3

Regards,
Ying H.
0 Kudos