Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crazyhadoop
Beginner

qcif yuv and cif yuv file

which one is the sample umc h.264encoder used to read and encode it into the format of h.264.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi

Do you mean the sample code simpleencoder.cpp inGetting Started with Intel IPP Unified Media Classes Sample?

It provide parameters like below
int VideoWidth=352,VideoHeight=288,FrameNumber=200;

You may take it as cif YUV420. Theraw file foram is YUV420planar sampling structure, YUVYUVYUV......
(or you can get a input test files through runing simple_player.exe, which can decode h.264 stream, then write outa YUV file.)

But H.264 encoder doesn't limit the input YUV resolution. You may refer to the readme.htm inipp-samples\audio-video-codecs\application\umc_video_enc_con.
>If InputParFile not specified, at least options -w,-h should be specified and -o should be added before OutputEncodedFile.

Regards,
Ying H.

crazyhadoop
Beginner

Yes, when I encode a piece of cif_yuv file. I just got a 4k h.264. I just assigned the w and h 352 and 288.
and why the frame size in the sample is width * height *3/2 , why not width*height?
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The sample take YUV4:2:0 plane as default yuv format , so the frame size is image width*image heipht *3 /2 if measured by byte.

if you cif_yuv file is YUV 444 plane format, then the size is image width*image heipht *3

Regards,
Ying H.