Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

simple_player compiled on _IPP_SEQUENTIAL_STATIC not runable on seperate windows machine independently

TatKin_T_Intel
Employee
hi,

i have downloaded the IPP sample simple_player and compiled successfully and run from my build machine perfectly. i can see playback via simple_player. my IPP is version 7.0.2.048.

when i compiled from my build machine, the initial default setting for MANIFEST->GenerateManifest is "no". when i execute the simple_player program there is an error message stating :

"The program can't start because MSVCR90D.dll" is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

i managed to fix this problem by turning GenerateManifest to "Yes". and i can run simple_player with a playback on my screen. this only happened all in my current build machine.

now, when i transfer this simple_player.exe program to another windows machine, and i tried to run the program, the program just wont run at all.

i read before from IPP knowledge page that it is something to do with _IPP_SEQUENTIAL_STATIC Preprocessor has to be added during compilation and i did add this so that all the independent libraries are added into the executable and so that this program can be executed in a seperate machine.

in this event, i cannot run the simple_player.exe on seperate machine.

however, if i install the machine to have VisualStudio2008, and install with IPP, i m able to run the simple_player.

my question is, how can i build a simple_player.exe that has been linking all libraries and then being able to execute independently?

thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Tat Kin,

To execute simple_player independently you have to use one of the following option.

If you build with bash file, In the audio-video-codecs\Makefile, change

LINKAGE = dynamic

to:

LINKAGE = static

If you built with VC project file, in the simple_player property>>C/C++>>Preprocessor>>

Change:
_IPP_SEQUENTIAL_DYNAMIC

to:
_IPP_SEQUENTIAL_STATIC

Looks like you are already using 2nd option, what are the error you are getting while running it on another machine?

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
TatKin_T_Intel
Employee
Hello Naveen,

you are right i had already added the _IPP_SEQUENTIAL_STATIC into the compiling process via VS.

here is the error i found while attempting to run simple_player. it basically just wont run.

log:
========================================

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Demo Depot>cd Desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\Demo Depot\Desktop>simple_player.exe "Taipei101+sunset+WMV+HD+720.mp4"

The system cannot execute the specified program.

C:\Documents and Settings\Demo Depot\Desktop>simple_player.exe "Taipei101+sunset+WMV+HD+720.mp4" -vd

x

C:\Documents and Settings\Demo Depot\Desktop>simple_player.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Demo Depot\Desktop>

0 Kudos