Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

simple_player on DirectX Nov 2008

TatKin_T_Intel
Employee
Hello,

i have downloaded latest IPP7 and had been playing around with the samples. i m particularly interested in the simple_player. i have the version 7.0.2.048 and 7.0.3.050.

i read the simple_player readme that said a sets of prerequisites such as DirectX SDK version Nov 2008 is needed.

i understand that it is due to the simple_player is needing ddraw.lib and i also read from googling that DirectX SDK Nov2008 does not support Win7 yet. only DirectX March2009 onwardssupports Win7, so does Jun2010 supports Win7.

SDKJune2010 has deprecated ddraw.lib from SDKjune2010 onwards and so, what is the solution for simple_player to be compliant to SDKJun2010?

my problem is, when i setup a new build desktop environment that contains :
- Win7 OS
- VisualStudio2010
- Windows SDK7.1
- DirectX SDK Jun2010

and the compilation of simple_player shows error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ddraw.lib'

by strictly speaking, i have to use a minimum SDKMarch2009 (that claimed to have ddraw.lib, as well as supporting Win7).

so my question is, SDKNov2008 is pretty old and is there any plan for IPP to support SDKJun2010?

alternatively, my alternate question will be, what do i have to change or replace ddraw related codes, replace with what is supported in SDKJune2010 so that it will compile under SDKJune2010?

thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

Thanks for raising this question. I noticed a similar question was asked before. We tracked the new version of DirectX support into our database , so for future release, we can review and consider this feature.

For running simpleplayer application at Windows 7, I installed the following DirectX SDK at my 64 bit windows 7 system (it includes ddraw.lib):

Microsoft DirectX SDK (February 2010)

It works well. See if it can work for you.

Thanks,
Chao

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

Thanks for raising this question. I noticed a similar question was asked before. We tracked the new version of DirectX support into our database , so for future release, we can review and consider this feature.

For running simpleplayer application at Windows 7, I installed the following DirectX SDK at my 64 bit windows 7 system (it includes ddraw.lib):

Microsoft DirectX SDK (February 2010)

It works well. See if it can work for you.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can try with DirectX SDK (August 2009) that have a ddraw.lib in its Lib directory.

One more option is, can you build simple_layer from command line - "build_ia32.bat cl10".

Thanks,

Naveen GV

0 Kudos