Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

weighted cross correlation

j_jack_wang
Beginner
Is there a function that does weighted cross correlation or weighted correlation coefficient? Anybody know if there is a software package other than ipp that does it?

TIA

jack
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

there is answer from our expert

We provide normalized cross correlation function and it iscaller'sresponsibility to provide weighted signal as input for this function there are so many ways of weighting signal and differentiation it from noise, that they cant be combined in one primitive function.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
j_jack_wang
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for replying to my earlier question.

What I want to do first is to have some "don't care pixels" in template matching using Normalized Correlation Coefficient. One step further than that is weighing certain pixels more than others. Merely filtering the template and picture before calling the IPP function doesn't seem to give enough freedom to achieve what I want.

Jack
0 Kudos
j_jack_wang
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for replying to my earlier question.

What I want to do first is to have some "don't care pixels" in template matching using Normalized Correlation Coefficient. One step further than that is weighing certain pixels more than others. Merely filtering the template and picture before calling the IPP function doesn't seem to give enough freedom to achieve what I want.

Thanks.

Jack
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello Jack

currently we do not support such functionality, but it is possible that in future we can add cross-correlation function with mask, so you should be able to create mask for your "don't care" pixels. It might be useful for not rectangular templates.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
j_jack_wang
Beginner

Thanks Vladimir,

Please keep me posted if this functionality is to be added. It willdefinitely be useful for non-rectangular templates. "Don't care pixels" for cross-correlation can be achieved by setting them to zero (filtering before calling template matching) or average intensity level (for correlation coefficient) in the template. However, weighted correlation coefficient needs more than a mask as input.

Jack

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Jack,

sure and also please take attention to What's new section for the further IPP releases

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos