Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

why only ippiSet and ippiCopy have mask ROI mode

mingzhong_yu
Beginner
Hi,

I'm using IPP 6.0.062 to optimize some legacy program, but I found only two functions, ippiSet and ippiCopy have mask ROI mode, ippiMulC or ippiSubC, whereas, have no such modes. So I must first use ippiCopy to copy the masked pixel data to anotherimage, do something to it, then use ippiCopy to copy the masked pixel data back to the original image. Thus the performance does not improve much.

I am wondering why not provide such modes for functionslike ippiMulC and ippiSubC, and if I canimprove the performance much using some tricks I don't know yet?

Thanks a lot!

Mingzhong Yu
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Mingzhong,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will track it for future consideration. It looks that ippiMulC or ippiSubC are two important functions for you. Right?

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
elhefe38
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Y (Intel)

Mingzhong,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will track it for future consideration. It looks that ippiMulC or ippiSubC are two important functions for you. Right?

Thanks,
Chao

I guess most arithmetic operations (statistics too ?) would benefit from having masked versions, not juste the two mentioned.

Regards
0 Kudos
mingzhong_yu
Beginner
Quoting - elhefe38

I guess most arithmetic operations (statistics too ?) would benefit from having masked versions, not juste the two mentioned.

Regards

sure, I could't agree more.
0 Kudos