Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

LNK1181 error semicolon

DavidG1
Beginner

I have a Intel Fortran project in Visual Studio Community 2019 which uses libraries in "Additional Dependencies" in Visual Studio.

Everything was working perfectly (compilation, running) but since yesterday I have got at error:

Error fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'impi.lib;' LINK

while building.

I use "impi.lib; libfftw3-3.lib" in Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies which as you can see are separated by semicolon. I do not know why it stopped working. I always used semicolon to separate included libraries.

Could you please help me with this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TobiasK

@DavidG1 so the obvious question is what changed during the night? Something must have changed.

0 Kudos
DavidG1
Beginner

@TobiasK I am sorry to bother you. The code is now working if I use space to separate libraries "impi.lib libfftw3-3.lib". I have updated the VS before, so maybe it was related to that. I am not sure if my question is still valid. You can consider deleting it. Maybe the new question might be 'What symbol (; ,) to use to separate multiple libraries in "Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies"?'

0 Kudos