Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2196 Discussions

ld: libtest.so: undefined reference to `mpi_f08_compile_constants_MP_mpi_logical_'

DataScientist
Valued Contributor I

I can successfully compile an MPI Fortran shared library with CMake using Intel ifort and ifx. However, I persistently get the following error when linking other binary files with the shared library:

```

ld: libtest.so: undefined reference to `mpi_f08_compile_constants_MP_mpi_logical_'

```

Basically non of MPI library symbols are recognized by the linker. How is that possible?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

Moving this to the HPC Toolkit Forum. The support team over there understand MPI much better.

TobiasK
0 Kudos
DataScientist
Valued Contributor I

Thank you @TobiasK . I suppose it should, but I already reverted all mpi_f08 syntax to mpi F90 syntax because of deadlines.

0 Kudos
TobiasK

@DataScientist I would highly recommend to switch to MPI_F08, the mpi module will not get the newest features and is somewhat declared deprecated by the standard. Considering the fast moving MPI standard, it will take a while though until you notice a difference.

0 Kudos