Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

can not find impi.dll

ROOKIEUC
Beginner

This problem arose when I updated to Visual Studio Community 2022 and Intel oneAPI 2024.0 on Windows 11 pro. I could build a simple MPI  Fortran program successfully. However, when I ran the program inside Visual Studio, it failed because could not find impi.dll. I can confirm that impi.dll is in the oneAPI install path. The program ran successfully in the Intel oneAPI command (with VS2019 and oneAPI 2021 version in another workstation). I also try the solution through this link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/mpi-library/developer-guide-windows/2021-11/configuring-a-microsoft-visual-studio-project.html,  but it does not work for my case. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Francesco_F
Novice

I was lucky, and this solution worked for me (but honestly I also tried other solutions like repairing installation; uninstall and reinstall; install also HPCKit 2022...

add the following at Configuration Properties => Debugging => Environment:  PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mpi\2021.11\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mpi\2021.11\opt\mpi\libfabric\bin;$(PATH)

(change it according to your local paths, eventually using the environmental variables...)

see here: community.intel.com/t5/Intel-HPC-Toolkit/VS-MPI-App-Cannot-Find-impi-dll/m-p/1284831#M8324

good luck

0 Kudos