Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2166 Discussions

impi.dll not found VS 2022 community

Lamine06F
Novice

Hello the community,

I am actually using vs 2022 community version with IntelOne api Basic and HPC toolkit. I build my program correctly, but when I am running it, it shows that 'impi.dll is missing". So, I looked for solution, and found this link :"https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/impi-dll-not-found-when-running-fortran-app-from-visual-studio/m-p/1286310" . And I followed the solution provided, but it didn't work out for me.

I have to add that, in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mpi", I have two documents one named 2021.10.0 and latest and both contain 'impi.dll'. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AishwaryaCV_Intel

Hi,

Could you please let us know if you are able to resolve the issue by " logging out of Windows and in again" as mentioned in the above response?

I am able to run simple Fortran hello world program in VS2022(17.7.1) successfully by following steps:

1.  Create New Project
  2.  Select Fortran language, and click on empty Project
  3.  Click on next and create the solution
  4.  Add the simple Fortran program (hello_world.f90)
  5.  Build solution and run the code.

For more details, please refer to this link.

Please find the attached zip file of VS code project tried at our end.

Could you please let us know if you are also following the same steps? If not, please provide us with the complete VS project and steps to reproduce the issue at our end. And could you also tell us which subversion of VS version and OS details you are using?

Thanks, and regards,

Aishwarya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Diallo, we are routing your query to the respective team for the further help. They will get back to you as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

There are four versions of the dll. 

The one in each of the debug and release folders in the latest folder is the correct one to use. 

Intel has a neat trick of loading ONEAPI into a directory for each version and then adding latest to latest.  Quite clever.  

You could shoot along a simple program to demonstrate your problem, people have to be able to reproduce it on their machines, unless they are a whiz kid.  

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The installation of Intel MPI should have added the folder containing the DLL to PATH. The first thing I suggest is to log out of Windows and in again - this is sometimes needed to get PATH updated after an install. If this doesn't help, please ask for assistance in Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit - Intel Community as this is not a Fortran issue.

0 Kudos
AishwaryaCV_Intel

Hi,

Could you please let us know if you are able to resolve the issue by " logging out of Windows and in again" as mentioned in the above response?

I am able to run simple Fortran hello world program in VS2022(17.7.1) successfully by following steps:

1.  Create New Project
  2.  Select Fortran language, and click on empty Project
  3.  Click on next and create the solution
  4.  Add the simple Fortran program (hello_world.f90)
  5.  Build solution and run the code.

For more details, please refer to this link.

Please find the attached zip file of VS code project tried at our end.

Could you please let us know if you are also following the same steps? If not, please provide us with the complete VS project and steps to reproduce the issue at our end. And could you also tell us which subversion of VS version and OS details you are using?

Thanks, and regards,

Aishwarya

0 Kudos
Lamine06F
Novice

Hello @AishwaryaCV_Intel , I am reinstalling my Intel OneApi Basic and HPC. 

I am using window 10 and VS 2022 version 17.7.6

0 Kudos
Lamine06F
Novice

Thank every one, my issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos
AishwaryaCV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks and best regards,

Aishwarya

0 Kudos