Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.
1696 Discussions

3/24 Parallel Programming Community Meetup in Santa Clara

Kathy_F_Intel
Employee
This thread has been created for buzz about the meetup. During the event I will be making comments and inviting attendees to do the same here.

We're looking forward to this meetup - we've got two excellent Technical Speakers, Intel Engineers Noah Clemons and Rich Hubbard who will discuss the 2nd Generation Intel Core Processor Family (Code Name Sandy Bridge), helping those who attend to understand what this new microarchitecture means to the Parallel Programmer.

We will bedemonstrating the Intel Concurrency Checker, Parallel Studio XE Toolsand we will register new community members and show them how they can become authors on ISN.

Hope to see you there!

Kathy Farrel

Parallel Programming Community Manager

Intel Software Network

kathy.a.farrel@intel.com

Cell - 505.400.2548

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Paul_S_Intel3
Employee
A number of us from the Academic Community will be resent at this event as well. We are looking forward to a great meet up and a chance to foster discussion between teaching and coding professionals. Personally, I can't wait!
0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Unluckily, I won't be able to attend the Meetup. I had to change my plans but I'll be blogging soon at ISN about interesting adventures around the world with the newest dual-core Intel Atom microprocessors. I'm sure we will have another Meetup in the near future and I'll be there. The interest in parallel programming with the newest Intel microarchitectures is growing really fast.

In fact, the 2nd Generation Intel Core Processor Family (Code Name Sandy Bridge) brings exciting opportunities for those willing to take full advantage of GPGPU. If you detect a Sandy Bridge CPU, it means that you have a CPU and a GPU, with a shared cache and Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0. I wrote a post about the improved Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor a few days ago.

It would be great to get detailed information about the new Intel tools to take full advantage of Sandy Bridge. I'm sure the Meetup will provide valuable information. In fact, I was going to travel 16 hours to be there. However, I had to talk about specific optimization techniques for the newest dual-core Intel Atom microprocessors and I was unable to make last minute changes to the schedule to attend the Meetup. It is Intel's fault. Intel is launching too many exciting products and I must help other in taking full advantage of the exciting capabilities of all these new products.

I missed the chance to be in this Meetup but I'll stay tuned with the new community members and authors on ISN. I'm sure the attendants will receive valuable information and they will be able to share experiences in the near future.

Don't forget to share your experiences in the Meetup.

Cheers,

Gaston Hillar

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_K_Intel
Employee
Great MeetUp event on Thursday, March 24th. I had some really good conversations with many of the attendees. The presentation on Sandy Bridge had a good audience. Since we had a good turnout. I think we'll do ore ofthese in the future.
0 Kudos