Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.
1696 Discussions

Add the recevied data to existing recieve buffer by using MPI

Sunny1
Beginner
Hi
I am trying to execute a code on 2 proess (for begining) to calculate forces . i want to exchange these data such a way that when one process sends the data, it has to be added to the present value at the recieve buffer. I am not able to do it using the MPI communication commands.....is there a way to achieve this result?
For eg : at a Point A in process 1 i have force 10N and i need to send the force to the other and add this 10N to the already present value of say 5N in recieve buffer...
MPI_Reduce does it one process, but i want both of the process to do the same operation when they recive the forces from other.
any information in this diretion will be very helpful.

PS: if this is not the forum to discuss generic questions, please let me know where i need to post this.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Aubrey_W_
New Contributor I
Hello Sunny,

I'll move this to our Threading on Intel Parallel Architectures forum, since it's about parallel computing. Thanks for your question.

==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support

Edit: I think Clay answered your question at http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=76958&o=d&s=lr. But let me know if you still need assistance.
0 Kudos