Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU not working in Windows 8.1

Yaknan_G_
Beginner
Hi, I recently tried to run my OpenCL program on a new windows 8.1 computer but the program returns an error when the device type is CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU. When I change the device type to a CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU or CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ ALL it ran the program on the GPU. Here is the system specification of the new computer: OS: Windows 8.1 Processor: Intel Core i7 - 4700MQ clocked at 2.40GHz Display Adapter: Intel HD Graphic 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M How can I resolve this problem and is OpenCL having issues with windows 8.1? Please help! Yaknan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you downloaded and installed in accordance with the instructions at

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers

I think you have a legitimate complaint that the forum link there doesn't help you with an appropriate choice.   Presumably you were required to open a support account, e.g. at premier.intel.com, where you could bring up your issues.  You may have noticed that this forum is not routinely watched by anyone at Intel.

If you have some other version of OpenCL, I don't think you can expect help here.

0 Kudos