Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

GUI using microcontroller

Derp_K_
New Contributor I

Hello

I want to design a Graphical User Interface to monitor a system which include dynamic robots , so the GUI must update the data depending on the serial information from robots

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Derp_K_
New Contributor I

Waiting you suggestions

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Do you have any programming experience with writing a GUI application? If so, pick what you are most familiar with for writing dialog boxes. Just about every GUI programming language supports I/O to a serial port.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Derp_K_
New Contributor I

jimdempseyatthecove wrote:

Do you have any programming experience with writing a GUI application? If so, pick what you are most familiar with for writing dialog boxes. Just about every GUI programming language supports I/O to a serial port.

Jim Dempsey

Hi jim

I can use C# with visual studio

Thanks

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

For C# you generally have

using System.IO.Ports;

You should be able to Google examples (look first at those from msdn.microsoft.com).

Google Search: SerialPort class

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Derp,

What you mention seems to be a typical IoT project where many Intel® products can make your job really easier.

Are you familiar with the Intel® Galileo Gen 2 development board and the cloud-based analytics system provided on the IoT Analytics site?

You can read about the combination of an Intel® IoT platform and the cloud-based analytics system provided on the IoT Analytics site here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-iot-platforms-getting-started-cloud-analytics

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Derp_K_
New Contributor I

jimdempseyatthecove wrote:

For C# you generally have

using System.IO.Ports;

You should be able to Google examples (look first at those from msdn.microsoft.com).

Google Search: SerialPort class

Jim Dempsey

Thanks jim , i will google it

0 Kudos
Derp_K_
New Contributor I

gaston-hillar wrote:

Derp,

What you mention seems to be a typical IoT project where many Intel® products can make your job really easier.

Are you familiar with the Intel® Galileo Gen 2 development board and the cloud-based analytics system provided on the IoT Analytics site?

You can read about the combination of an Intel® IoT platform and the cloud-based analytics system provided on the IoT Analytics site here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-iot-platforms-getting-started-cloud-analytics

Hope it helps.

It sounds interesting , i will check that

Thank you gaston

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Derp K. wrote:

Quote:

gaston-hillar wrote:

Derp,

Hope it helps.

It sounds interesting , i will check that

Thank you gaston

You will find a huge amount of valuable information related to IoT projects at Intel® Developer Zone. Also, check the videos because they provide really valuable tutorials to get you started.

0 Kudos
Derp_K_
New Contributor I

Thanks again , it will be great data for my project

0 Kudos
Derp_K_
New Contributor I

If this system is used in a specific company and they would like to have their own cloud , the intel Iot kits and device would be compatible with it , or they are just designed for IoT analytics of intel

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Derp,

You can create an account on Intel IoT Analytics and activate your device to work with it. However, are you working with an Intel Galileo or Intel Edison board?

0 Kudos