Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

HTMulticore library

bipsen
Beginner
Hi

On my quest for locating info on how to get CPU information on Windows, I found the HTMulticore library on http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/hyper-threading-technology-multi-core-and-mobile-intel-pentium-processor-m-toolbox/
The problem is, that I'm unable to use the linker library in my own code, since it aparently wants to use LIBC.lib as well - and this library doesn't exist with Visual Studio 2008.

Doesn anyone have an idea to solve this - or is it possible to have the author recompile the library code, so it can be used with Visual Studio 2008 ?

Regards,
bipsen
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This certainly makes the library look out of date, probably not intended for current platforms. How could a multicore library be linked against the non-threadsafe library? You should be able to set /nodefaultlib:libc.lib in order to persuade it to accept the libcm.... version from VS2008.
0 Kudos
mahmoudgalal1985
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
This certainly makes the library look out of date, probably not intended for current platforms. How could a multicore library be linked against the non-threadsafe library? You should be able to set /nodefaultlib:libc.lib in order to persuade it to accept the libcm.... version from VS2008.

Thank you
0 Kudos
bipsen
Beginner

Another problem has popped up....

I can only get the HTMulticore library to work with Win32 code... If I try to make an x64 executable, it seems like the library cannot be used.

I need to create 2 versions of my application, since I'm using another external API - and that API will not exist in both 32 and 64 bit on a 64-bit OS by default....

Regards
/B

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
As the library appears to be intended for VS2003, which doesn't support X64, such a limitation is to be expected.
0 Kudos
ninhngt
Beginner
Quoting - bipsen

Another problem has popped up....

I can only get the HTMulticore library to work with Win32 code... If I try to make an x64 executable, it seems like the library cannot be used.

I need to create 2 versions of my application, since I'm using another external API - and that API will not exist in both 32 and 64 bit on a 64-bit OS by default....

Regards
/B

It seems this is a very old library. You should consider using Intel TBB and sign up for Ct, too.
0 Kudos