Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can I use DDR4 2666 RAM in NUC7I3BNH?

I have an Intel NUC NUC7I3BNH and the specs call for DDR4-2133 1.2V SO-DIMM. I was just given two 8GB Hynix HMA81GS6CJR8N DDR4-2666MHz 1.2V SO-DIMM sticks for a total of 16GB. I really want to use them in the NUC. Will the BIOS automatically adjust the speed? Do I have to change the speed manually in the BIOS prior to boot? Or is it just a bad idea to even try? I'm going to wait for some input before trying because I don't want to damage the NUC.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Amandaville,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

According to our specifications the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNH works with a max of 32 GB, DDR4-2133 1.2V SO-DIMM. The BIOS will adjust the memory speed automatically to 2133MHz if the SPD of the modules from Hynix is 2133MHz, if not ,the NUC will be workgin outside its specifications and that can affect the system stability and performance. Although it may damage or reduce the useful life of the Intel* unit and other components.

Our recommendation is to use a product from our compatibility list, we cannot confirm if the modules you will use will work with the unit.

I was unable to find specific official information about the SPD of the modules that you want to use, the only website that I found was this one: https://www.skhynix.com/products.do?lang=eng&ct1=36&ct2=42&rk=30*

The best course of action will be to contact the memory's manufacturer, they can confirm the SPD of your modules.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Amandaville,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let me know if you need more assistance.  

Best regards,  

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Amandaville,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please create a new thread.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos