Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11299 Discussions

Display spontaneously bios menu on start

radoslaw
Beginner

Hello,

I have Intel NUC 10i3FNH and I use RTC in bios to automatically start PC. System start up every day at 6.00 am. 

Sometimes system don't start it's halted on BIOS Menu. like on picture.

I find out that this menu can be shown manual by pressing power button for 3 seconds.

What can cause that issue ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello radoslaw, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Provide a picture of the BIOS setup (Advanced Power Wake System from S5) to automatically start the NUC. 

3. Are you able to reproduce this behavior or does it occur randomly? Do you know approximately how often does it happen?  

4. For testing purposes, disable Fast Startup in Windows® 10:   

• Type Power Options in the Search bar. 
  • Select Choose what the power buttons do
  • Select Change settings that are currently unavailable
  • Uncheck Turn on fast startup in the Shutdown settings section. 
  • Click Save changes

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello radoslaw,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello radoslaw,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M