Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Does the nuc8i5beh support Dolby Atmos?

In some unbelievably strange way, there does not seem to exist an answer to this anywhere on the Internet.

Does the nuc8i5beh - or any other 7th or 8th generation NUC - support Dolby Atmos?

That is my main question. Also, I'd like to check if the nuc8i5beh (or any other NUC) is capable of playing HDR 10, 10+ and Vision content in 4K at 60hz?

For both questions: regardless of what OS or player is used. Pure looking at the hardware, can it handle this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello CW3, Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel® community, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you. In order to answer your questions: As per the product’s Technical Product Specifications sheet, the unit supports high dynamic range (HDR) and 10-BIT sampling with the appropriate usage of software and display hardware. (no support for 10+) Page 11, section 1.5.1.1 Here is the link: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC8i3BE_NUC8i5BE_NUC8i7... The processor on the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH (Intel® Core™ i5-8259U Processor) supports: 4K Support at 60Hz Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4) and Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel) : 4096x2304@60Hz You will find more technical specs here: https://ark.intel.com/products/135935/Intel-Core-i5-8259U-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-80-GHz- Regarding the Dolby ® Atmos support, the unit should be able to handle it with the requirements established by Dolby*, however this configuration has not been tested or validated by Intel® so we cannot guarantee that you are not going to experience compatibility issues. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello CW3, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello CW3, We just wanted to check if you still need help. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello CW3, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. We are closing your ticket as we have not heard anything back from you. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back if you need further assistance. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos