Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PKRIS10
Beginner

Fan settings in BIOS for NUC8i5beh

what setting are you using to get the fan quiet as possible.

just now i am using the quiet standard option in BIOS.

I have tested some of the values mentioned in nuc forum for the NUC7 . But then the fan noise got worse😣

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

PKRIS10, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order to provide the most accurate assistance we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: Is this a brand new NUC? Which Windows version are you using? This problem, is it recently, was the NUC working fine before? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Do you have the option to check if maybe there is dust in it or a loose cable that might be causing the noise? Is the NUC in a place where is properly ventilated? When did the issue start, is it at idle state or when there are high work loads? Which Windows version are you using? We can try a BIOS update to the latest version 0056 using the F7 method: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005850/mini-pcs.html https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28394/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126148 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Alberto_R_Intel

PKRIS10, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
PKRIS10
Beginner

The nuc is brand new

Running the latest bios

Windows 1809

All drivers are uppdatet

Dont think there is something wrong with the NUC.

I use the NUC as a media server for music and film.

Specially when i play music the nuc and is working under light load and i would appriciate the the FAN could be silent.

The fan is running even if processor temp in only 70C

I am also connected an EGPU and it runs like charm.

I just want to know what are the best settings in Bios to be as quiet as possible under light load

PKRIS10
Beginner

i did disable the turbo boost in bios. this did lower the processor temp from 70C to 40C when doing light browsing or playing music. Now the nuc fan is dead silent in low workload.😅

Alberto_R_Intel

PKRIS10, Thank you very much for letting us know those results. Perfect, excellent, we are glad to hear that you were able to find a workaround to lower the fan noise in order to be able to play music without hearing the fan. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation