Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ICust35
Novice

How to dissassembly a model 5i7RYH to clean all?

Hi, I have the model 5i7RYH for one year ago, I want to know how is the correct way to dissassembly all parts to clean them. I'm living near to a cement factory and there are a lot of dusty, so I need to clean my NUC. Some instructions to make it?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

There are two small screws that attach the NUC's board into the chassis. Remove these screws and very, very carefully pry up the board along the back edge. Again, very carefully; you don't want to break any of the plastic around the CIR interface on the front panel...

EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, victor_j_martin:

Disassembling your unit is not fully recommended by our end.

I found a video that could help you with this process (I don't think removing the cooler is necessary for cleaning purposes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EPZQUaJozk Intel NUC D54250WYK - Motherboard and cooler removal - YouTube

It has some tips on how to remove the Motherboard out of the chassis.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards,

Esteban C

ICust35
Novice

Thank you for your comments, I know that it's not recommended to dissassembling the NUC, but the cement dust suspended in the air makes a lot of dirt in the unit.

EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, victor_j_martin:

Sure I understand as a PC enthusiast I like to keep my system as clean as I can.

Regards,

Esteban C

ICust35
Novice

Thanks to all of you!

EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, victor_j_martin:

No problem!

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact the Intel® communities again.

Regards,

Esteban C