Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12309 Discussions

How to install driver for Ubuntu 16.04 on "NUC11PAHi5"

gotroot
Beginner

Hi,

I've been trying to install Ubuntu 16.04 on my NUC11PAHi5, but I'm having a problem with the network card not showing up.

I really want to use Ubuntu 16.04 version, but I can't find a network driver. (including graphics and audio drivers)

I know this model does not officially support ubuntu 16.04 from Intel, but I was wondering if there is a way to solve it.

Do you have any hints?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorj
Beginner

The Intel® Product Compatibility Tool lists Linux* versions that are reported as compatible by Intel® NUC users. Intel hasn't validated these operating systems. We recommend you use the latest kernel.

If you're installing OpenELEC* or Ubuntu* on the Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH or DE3815TYKHE, there are specific changes required in BIOS. See the operating system installation for required changes.

For troubleshooting various Linux* issues on Intel® NUCs

Linux* distribution Resources
Ubuntu*

Canonical* certifies the below Intel® NUCs, and you can download a 16.04 LTS Desktop and an IoT Core image from Canonical.

NUC model Ubuntu version 

NUC7CJYH
NUC7PJYH
NUC7i3DNHE
NUC7i5DNHE
NUC7i7DNHE

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Contact Intel® Customer Support if you need help on the above products.

All other NUC products have been tested+ with Ubuntu. 

LibreElec*

Kodi* standalone operating system.

Clear Linux Intel's Linux Distribution.

Linux* driver information

Linux distributions normally include all necessary drivers. Contact your Linux vendor and use their distribution resources for driver downloads and support.

+Tested = Installed the Operating System and basic functionality tests.

I think this might help! 

Source: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005499/intel-nuc.html