Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agustav
Beginner

How to install "Intel® Management-Engine-Consumer-Treiber für Windows® 10 64-Bit für Intel® NUC"?

The installer is telling me i should use "software" of Control Panel to uninstall the old version before, but i don't have it in the Control Panel, so how to uninstall?

intel1.png

intel2.png

Control Panel:

intel3.png

0 Kudos
18 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What model NUC? It should be on the downloads for your NUC model number.

Doc

Agustav
Beginner

Intel NUC NUC7i7BNH Core I7 - 7567U 3,5GHz Dual Core Turbo IrisPlus 650

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Agustav​ 

1. In order to uninstall the currently installed version, open Windows 10 Settings and press on Apps, ten on R.H. panel, in the installed application list, look for Intel Management Engine Components and press on it. Next, press on Uninstall. If you want to use the old interface (Control Panel), write in the search box Control Panel and when you will see in the Menu, press on the Control Panel label.
  2. The last Management Engine Driver for your NUC is version 1909.12.0.1236 and you may download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28215/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Windows-...
  3. Download and install this driver manually, rather than with Intel Driver &support Assistant.

Leon

Agustav
Beginner

> open Windows 10 Settings and press on Apps, ten on R.H. panel,

Here is a screenshot of what i can find in the Windows 10 settings page:

apps_and_features.png

I can't find the "Intel Management Engine Component"?

I have Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763.379

What is R.H. panel @LWAKSMAN​ ?

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Agustav​ 

1. If you don't see it, probably is not installed. See the attached image, how does it looks. I'm running Windows 10 Home 1809 Build 17763.379. However I can see the same in my other NUC.
  2. Did you try to install manually driver downloaded from Intel site (see my previous post)?

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

You should see it also in Device Manager (under System devices)

Leon

AlHill
Super User

Also, in Control Panel, Programs and Features

Doc

Agustav
Beginner

Here is a screenshot of my device manager - nothing to see of a "Management Engine Interface"

device-manager.png

Yes, i have tried to install ME_Consumer_Win10_64_1909.12.0.1236.zip manually as well of course.

The installer won't let me continue, see 2nd screenshot of my first posting - here the translation:

The setup program was terminated prematurely due to the following error:

Another version of the product is already installed. The installation of this version cannot be continued. Use the Software Control Panel option to configure or remove the existing version of this product.

Click here to open the log file.

LeonWaksman
Super User

On the image Device Manager, attached to your post I can see in first line surrounded by red frame: Intel(R) Management Engine Interface. Please right click with mouse on this line and and then click on Uninstall device (choose the Delete option).

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

One more thing. As you can see only one image is attached to your post. One attachment is a limitation in this platform. If you need to attach more attachments, first pack them int zip file.

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

Please disregard my last message.

Leon

Agustav
Beginner

I'm logged in as Adminstrator and can remove the driver:

uninstall_intel.png

After removing it i started SetupME.exe of ME_Consumer_Win10_64_1909.12.0.1236 but unfortunately i am unable to install it.

"Platform not supported" error

platform_not_supported.png

After rebooting the box the driver appears in device manager again.

What am i doing wrong?

PS: On my screen my first post looks like this:

forum.png

LeonWaksman
Super User

I really don't know what is wrong now. If this driver wasn't installed manually, try to reinstall Intel DSA to the latest version and try to install Management Engine with the DSA https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. The driver appears in Device Manager again, because you are connected to internet. Disable Internet and uninstall the driver. After reboot try to install the new driver and then reconnect the Internet.
  2. Do yo have Chipset driver installed? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26801/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7... . If not, please install it.

Leon

Agustav
Beginner

Yes, i have the chipset driver installed - no yellow triangles in device manager.

I have unplugged the network cable, rebooted the box, logged in as Administrator, uninstalled the Intel Management Interface with device manager, rebooted with unplugged network cable, logged in as Administrator, tried to install the new driver -> unsuccesful! Same error as described above.

Screenshots:

Device manager

Gerätemanager.png

Control panel

Programme.png

Apps

Apps.png

After rebooting with connected internet the driver appears again in the device manager.

What is wrong there?

AlHill
Super User

Time to back up your data, and reinstall the operating system. And, do not use any 3rd party AV programs.

Doc

Agustav
Beginner

I have checked against SA00086 and SA00125, all green.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/product/69368/Intel-Management-Engine-Firmware-Intel-ME-FW-

SA00086.png

SA00125.png

> And, do not use any 3rd party AV programs.

I'm using Windows Defender, what do you mean with 3rd party AV programs @Al.Hill​ ?

How can i verify if the Intel Management Engine if has been hacked?

AlHill
Super User

A lot of problems can be caused by AV programs. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED.

My suggestion is to either do a fresh/clean install, or take your PC to a repair shop.

No other suggestion available.

Doc