cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BPott2
Beginner

Intel NUC D54250WYK POST Error No Longer Boots

Hello,

I was running Libreelec for a HTPC on my NUC but grew tired of the myriad of issues I was having. So I decided to change OS to Windows 10. I downloaded Windows 10 media creator to a USB and attempted to change my OS on the NUC after creating the USB stick. During the install WIndows did not like my partitioning, so I deleted all of the partitions and had one unallocated block. Windows then installed and completed the install. Upon auto reboot, the boot never got past the Intel NUC screen with the F2, F7, F10 options on it. So after 30 minutes or so, I manually rebooted the NUC.

At this point I ran into the POST error and could not do anything with the NUC. If I answered yes, the NUC would become unresponsive. If I answered no, the NUC would go to the NUC screen and not continue. I was eventually able to do a bios recovery via removing the jumper. The bios recovery worked and I have the latest BIOS. The POST error does not occur any longer.

However, I am still unable to boot past the NUC screen. I am not able to get into the BIOS via F2. The only thing I can get to work is a full BIOS recovery without the jumper.

Is there any solutions out there? My next solution is to see how far I can throw a NUC.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello briandp32,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Intel Customer Service no longer responds to telephone, chat, or e-mail inquiries for Intel® NUC Kit D54250WYK, but you may want to try our "Discontinued Products Community" to get recommendations from fellow community members. You may also find the "Discontinued Products Website" helpful to address your request.

/community/tech/discontinued-products Discontinued Products Community

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html Discontinued Products Website

Keep in mind that other community members may assist since Intel will not provide any assistance on the Community.

It is also worth mentioning that you can verify additional information about this product discontinuance status at http://ark.intel.com/ > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
LeonWaksman
Super User

Could be that Fast Boot is enabled in your bios settings. In this case, you can't see the F2,F7,F10 menu. You may boot to Power Button Menu and there you will have possibility to disable the Fast Boot if enabled and/or enter your bios. In order to enter Power Button Menu, press Power Button for about 3 seconds. You should release the Power Button soon as the system will emit three short beeps from the PC speaker or headphones (you need to have connected speaker or headphone to 3.5 mm socket), then stop. If you hear the beeps, release the Power Button - NUC shall reboot into Power Button Menu.

If your NUC will not boot into Power Button Menu, try to boot into Configuration Menu (where you have even more options). In order to boot into this menu, remove the yellow security jumper (which you have removed for bios recovery) and power ON your NUC. This time without USB stick with bios file inserted.

Leon

BPott2
Beginner

Leon, Thanks for the assist. Once inside the power button menu selecting F2 or F10 causes the computer to hang. It leaves the menu but the boot menu or bios never come up. I have reloaded the BIOS again and no change. I have changed monitors in case it was a graphics issue and no change. Any thoughts or suggestions?

LeonWaksman
Super User

Try to boot your computer in minimum hardware configuration. Remove SSD and HDD. Leave only one SODIMM installed. You may try each SODIMM separately - first installed in the bottom slot and then in the upper slot.

Leon