cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SLuk1
Beginner

NUC 6i5SYK after wakeup, Mouse pointer loss

NUC 6i5SYK, BIOS 0065(1/5/2018)

Windows 10 Enterprise(Updated to latest)

Logitech USB wireless mouse(tested for 3 models, like M185, same results)

When NUC leave idle for serval hours, wake up from sleep, mouse pointer loss. I tried replug USB receiver and the battery of the Mouse, no use.

But, USB keyboard is normal.

Reboot NUC, everything goes normal.

I guess, this is a BIOS or USB 3.0 Drivers problem? Sometimes, when CPU loads go high, the Mouse Pointer will stuck in moving.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
SLuk1
Beginner

And, I plug the USB Mouse to my Macbook pro, sleep and wakeup many times, no problem.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello SimonLuk ,

I have NUC6i5SYH with Logitech mouse M310 and Keyboard K520 (both wireless, connected trough unified receiver). Have no problem at all. I sudjest you to install Logitech SetPoint software. This will install Logitech driver as well: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/setpoint SetPoint - Logitech Support

Leon

idata
Community Manager

Hello SimonLuk,

Were you able to follow the steps provided by lw1948?

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.
SLuk1
Beginner

No use at all.

idata
Community Manager

Hello SimonLuk,

In that case, please try these steps and let me know if it fixes the issue.

1.Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.

2.Expand the Mice and other pointing devices, right click on the mouse and select Properties.

3.Go to the Power Management tab

4.Uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Also, try moving the receiver from one USB port to another.

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello SimonLuk,

Were you able to do the steps provided?

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.
SLuk1
Beginner

1. always unchecked.

2. also changed usb port many times.

no use.

idata
Community Manager

Hello SimonLuk,

At this point you can also roll back your mouse driver or update it if available. If you started having these issues after updating Windows, you can also roll back to the previous version and see if the problem persists.

I was also checking the Logitech Support Website. For bug fixes, you can also install the new version released on May 23, 2018. Please check if you have the latest version installed.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/setpoint

Besides, there is a new BIOS update available thay may fix this issue. Please find the link below:

Version: 0066 (Latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27836/BIOS-Update-SYSKLi35-86A-?product=89188

Wanner G.
SLuk1
Beginner

I had update latest BIOS 0066 a few days ago, and the problem happend again today.

After 6 hours or above sleep, wake up by Mouse click. NUC wakes up and Mouse pointer loss, and not solved by replug the Mouse Receiver.

I use keyboard (ALT + Enter, Tab) to open Device Manager. Whether plug on or off the Mouse Receiver, the HID-compliant mouse driver exist.

an unusual phenomena is: the sound driver prompted "driver not installed."

when I select "Scan for hardware changes", after dozen seconds later, every thing goes back to Normal. the Mouse pointer comes back, and sound driver install properly.

idata
Community Manager

Hello SimonLuk,

Thank you for your response.

Were you able to check if you had the latest driver version provided by Logitech Support Website?

Wanner G.
SLuk1
Beginner

when the problem first happen, I use system default driver(windows 10 enterprise), without any third-party mouse drivers.

and, I tried Logitech driver later(download from Logitech webside last week), problem not solve.

now, I roll back mouse driver to system default driver.

idata
Community Manager

Hello SimonLuk,

Thank you for your response.

I will do further research about this issue.

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello SimonLuk,

I would like to review further information about your system and this issue. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello SimonLuk,

I would like to review further information about your system.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Wanner G.