Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11283 Discussions

NUC Not Playing 5.1 Surround Sound Audio over TOSLINK

Misha_
Beginner

This looks like a common problem but I haven't been able to find any solutions in the forums. I want to play surround sound 5.1 digital audio via my TOSLINK port to my receiver. In my Sound Properties, the Realtek Digital Output is the default device. When I look in the properties of that device, I'm able to successfully test both DTS Audio and Dolby Digital formats and my receiver shows that it's receiving those specific formats while the sound test is running. The problem is that those sound tests are the only times that 5.1 surround sound is actually sent to the receiver. I'm not able to find any configuration anywhere that allows me to tell my system to always produce 5.1 surround sound. My ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager app doesn't provide any audio formatting options. 

I've attached my detailed system report for reference. Everything is up to date. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Misha_,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We need to inform you that the support for this type of computer you have must be provided by the manufacturer of it, in this case, Asus since even though it has Intel components inside, both the manufacturing and the integration of those components was completed by them, in the link below you will find a link to their support site.

Asus support

https://www.asus.com/support/

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

Important note:

You need to be aware that the Intel components of this computer (Intel® Core™ i3-4030U, Intel® HD Graphics) are discontinued; therefore, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for them; however, in case you have any issues with them in the future you can still submit a new question here in the forum and perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.

We will proceed to close this thread, if you need any additional information on any other Intel product, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Misha_,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We need to inform you that the support for this type of computer you have must be provided by the manufacturer of it, in this case, Asus since even though it has Intel components inside, both the manufacturing and the integration of those components was completed by them, in the link below you will find a link to their support site.

Asus support

https://www.asus.com/support/

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

Important note:

You need to be aware that the Intel components of this computer (Intel® Core™ i3-4030U, Intel® HD Graphics) are discontinued; therefore, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for them; however, in case you have any issues with them in the future you can still submit a new question here in the forum and perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.

We will proceed to close this thread, if you need any additional information on any other Intel product, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post