Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

"Killer Network Service" is failing to start

Takatu
Beginner

Hi,

I've installed the most recent Killer Performance Suite 35.23.1292. Now my "Killer Network Service" is failing to start. I'm getting an error event on system start or when I try to start the service manually:

Faulting application name: CustomizeInstallFirstRun.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x656f8b52
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3235, time stamp: 0xa2c4352c
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000000000010c1a9
Faulting process id: 0x0x1344
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA8987494937EB
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RivetNetworks\Killer\CustomizeInstallFirstRun.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: d9d89214-2582-4a31-a1ef-ca6d9d36e07d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've followed already the steps from this guide without success
 https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/wireless/wireless-software.html

Enclosed please find my SSU report..

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Takatu

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps outlined in the link below:

If the issue still persists, please let me know.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Takatu
Beginner

Hi Carmona,

thanks for the reply.

I have done the steps from your provided link. I've uninstalled the virus scanner and performed a clean installation, but it hasn't changed anything. As I wrote in my initial post, the service is not running and won't start manually. The error message is still the same in the event viewer. The version 23.30.0.6 provided by Lenovo is running fine but is already quite old from August 2021 . 

Btw. the link to the " clean-install guide" in the troubleshooter "Error: "Service Not Running" is broken. I guess it is supposed to link to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/wireless/wireless-software.html.

Cheers,

Takatu

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Takatu, 

Thank you so much for the response.

To further investigate our issue, we need additional information from you, and please carry out the following steps to help us better understand and resolve the issue that were experiencing with the Killer Wireless application:

1. Could you please confirm whether you receive a 'Service Not Running' error when you open the Killer Wireless app, or is it that the 'Killer Network Service' fails to start, as seen in the Task Manager?

2. It would be very helpful if you could double-check the version of the Intel® KillerTM Performance Suite. To do this, right-click on the Start button and select 'Apps and Features'. Then, scroll through the list to find 'Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD' and click on it to view the version. This step is important because sometimes an incorrect version may be installed, which does not correspond with the latest release.

3. Based on the SSU logs, it seems that the driver version installed is 23.30.0.6, but the latest generic wireless driver version is 23.20.0.4, which is compatible with the latest 35.23.1292 Intel® KillerTM Performance Suite. Therefore, reinstalling the latest wireless driver, version 35.23.1292, might be necessary.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have any other questions.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead. 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Takatu
Beginner

Thanks for looking into this!

a) Uninstall old "Performance Suite" and deleted the content of the "%temp%" directory.

b) Uninstall Device in Device Manager on "Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW)"

c) Reboot

d) Install the Performance Suite 35.24.1177

b) Install the "Killer Intelligence Center"

e) Reboot

f) Launching "Killer Intelligence Center" with the message "Service not Running"

ServiceNotRunning.png

g) Checking the Killer Services and "Killer Network Service" has failed to start automatically.

Services.png

h) Select "Killer Network Service" and "Right Click ->Start" to start the Service but ...

i) the service is not running and has failed to start manually and ... 

k) checking the Windows Event Viewer is showing the initially mentioned error:

EventViewer.png

2)

My "Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD" Version is 35.24.1177

KillerUWDVersion.png

3)

The driver version for the "Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW)" in the Device Manager is "23.30.0.6" after installing "Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD" Version 35.24.1177.

DriverVersion.png

By the Release Notes for Killer Performance Suite 35.24.1177 the correct driver version is 23.30.0.6.

ReleaseNotes.png

Enclosed please find an updated SSU report with the "Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD" Version 35.24.1177 installed.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  Takatu, 

Thank you so much for the response and for following the troubleshooting steps that we have recommended. It seems that we still haven't resolved the issue.

In regards to that, we will look further into this matter using the information that you have shared and will again post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a great day, and thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
hoonywise
Novice

I am having the same issue with driver 35.24.1177.  I have a Asrock X670E and the driver they provided works (very old), but it will not allow me to download the Killer Intelligence Center from Windows Store (something about not being on Windows 10 and format of the drive is not fat32).  So I am stuck, cannot use the old drivers due to not having Killer Intelligence Center nor can I use the new drivers as the service will not start.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Hoonywise,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please file a new case so that we can properly support you.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Takatu,

Thank you so much for the response.

Since we already have your SSU, we will use it to further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

By the way, you're correct; this link, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/wireless/wireless-software.html, is the guide for clean installation.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Takatu,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

Since we have tried all the necessary troubleshooting steps and the issue still persists, our next step is to gather the wireless checklist from you. I have sent you an email containing the wireless checklist file that you needed to fill out since I couldn't post it here on the thread as there would be private information in the wireless checklist that shouldn't be viewed by others. 

By the way, thank you so much for taking the time to provide detailed troubleshooting steps.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos