cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UHoel
Beginner

NUC7i5BNK Problems with CIR after BiosUpdate from 57 to 61

Hello and good morning.

2 days ago i got the Biosuptdate from 57 to 61. From this Moment on my NUC cannot wake from S4 or S5 with my IR Command. I have to use Power Toggle 2 or 3 times to wake my NUC.

I replaced BIOS back to 57, but than I have Problems with my Optane and the Nuc doesn't start my windows. BUT, he wake up with the first PowerON command from my IR. After flash to 61 I need 2 or 3 times to wake... Than i change th IR Driver to the last older version, but there is no change...

In some German Boards a few people have the same Problem with NUC6 and 7 after flashing the new Bios...

For me I have a solution to wake my NUC. I use CEC and I can wait for the next BIOS. So use my note as information...

Kind regards

Uwe

0 Kudos
28 Replies
OWeze
Beginner

Can confirm these "power-on problems" with recent bios and Harmony Hub (MCE Mediacenter).

idata
Community Manager

Hi holzfred: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® NUC communities. We are sorry to hear the NUC is not working properly.

For this scenario, even though you mentioned that you already installed the latest IR driver, just to confirm here is the latest one from our web site, version 5.3.2.0:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26479/ITE-Tech-Consumer-Infrared-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26479/ITE-Tech-Consumer-Infrared-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-...

We will do further research on this matter, in order for us to be able to do that, please provide the model of your IR remote control.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
UHoel
Beginner

Hello,

I tried to install the Driver, but it doesn't work. The installation breaks with a fault code. 0x80070103

Wakeup from S3 works, only from S4 and 5 doesn't

Kind regards Uwe

idata
Community Manager

holzfred: Thank you very much for providing that information.

In this case we can try to install the driver manually. After download and unzip the driver, please enter "Device Manager", right click on "Human Interface Devices", right click on the CIR device, select "Driver" after that "Update Driver", then :

Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

Then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."

"Have Disk"

"Browse and access the directory where the driver files are found"

Open folder: "CIR_Win10_5.3.2.0.zip"

Open " ITECIR Driver v5320_Win 10_For_Microsoft_v1.3.0"

Access: "INFDrv"

Enter: "Win 10x64"

And finally choose" itecir"

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

UHoel
Beginner

Hello and good morning.

I tried to install the driver but it doesn't work. At first I have do deinstall a Microsoft IR Driver. Then restart and installation and the it works.

Now the following happens. I go into S4 and within 5-20 Minutes the system wake by IR from S4. After one hour it doesn't and I have to wake manually. I tried 3 times and all time the same.

If I use an external IR-Receiver via USB it works all the time...

My solution is now to wake by CEC and sleep by IR...

Kind regards

Uwe

OWeze
Beginner

Thats exactly what i've experienced with my Linux System (LibreELEC) and my Harmony Hub.

After a longer period of standby, my NUC won't wake up by starting my corresponding action with harmony remote.

Only pressing the PowerOn button manually once or twice is waking up my system.

So i've also activated CEC as a workaround.

idata
Community Manager

holzfred: Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R

GOlis
Beginner

I have the same problem. I have the NUC kit NUC6CAYH

I use Windows 10. Times, the NUC from the S5 turn on, sometimes not.

Chances are 50/50.

I had no problems with the Bios 042. From the Bios 045 and 047 I have problems.

Ronny_G_Intel

UHoel
Beginner

Good Morning,

I changed to 60 and my problems with IR-power are solved. All signals from my command are working fine. Power on or toggle from S3-S5 are working.

Thank you.

Uwe

GOlis
Beginner

For my NUC with Bios 045, it's like this: One week no more problems. Then again 3-4 days no switch on possible. Now it works again. So not very reliable. My NUC is NUC6CAYH

UHoel
Beginner

Good Morning,

2 days now my Nuc reacting without any Problems. On/Off - Toggle - all was working. This morning it don't wake up from S5. Funny (real no funny) WOL also not working. This works now after I plug out the Powersupply and restart...

So now only wake up by CEC...

Greetings by Uwe

Ronny_G_Intel

We are still looking into this issue, some units I have tested do not exhibit this behavior while some others are, please stay tuned for a BIOS update.

Regards,

Ronny G

idata
Community Manager

holzfred: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we provided previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R
GOlis
Beginner

What about my NUC kit NUC6CAYH, these are the same problems?

Is there a bios update soon?
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Georg,

If you have a similar problem with a different NUC model, please open a separate thread about it.

...S

OWeze
Beginner

Any new findings?

Still suffering with recent bios version.

idata
Community Manager

Hello debutanker

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having problems with the CIR feature of the NUC, allow me to help you with this investigation.

Could you provide me with the BIOS version that you have tested? Please let me know the once that work properly, and the versions that presented the problem.

In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

OWeze
Beginner

Thanks for the fast reply.

Like i already wrote in this thread, the last working bios version for me was 054.

All following versions are showing the same behavior as already described in this thread.

I am on LibreELEC 9, so the support utility tool might be difficult to install...

Btw. - other users in different forums are reporting same problems with their NUC's and Kodi/LibreELEC.

Cheers

debutanker

idata
Community Manager

Hello debutanker

Thank you for your response.

I was looking into the thread to verify what model of Intel® NUC you have and I would like to verify with you have the Intel® NUC7i5BNK?

Also, if it is possible could you provide me with the installation link doe the operating system that you used on your system and the set of drivers that you installed?

Regards,

Leonardo C.