Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8CHB Manufacture Life

Jump to solution

Good day,

I am very interested in manufacturing units that will have a NUC8CHB as the brains of the unit.

This NUC is a fanless-rugged type and was launched in Sept 2019.

I notice not many online vendors have large quantities of these in stock. Would Intel continue to manufacture these units for at least the rest of 2020? 2021? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The Intel Customer Support Engineers are not allowed to talk about future products or schedules.

Since this is a relatively new product category, I would think that both distributors and storefronts will be leery of taking on larger inventories until sales demonstrate a reasonable run rate.

According to the latest leaked Intel NUC roadmap (just google "leaked intel nuc roadmap" and you will find your way to it), Chaco Canyon does not EOL until sometime in 2022. In my experience, Intel rarely "pulls in" EOL dates but, if sales are dismal, Intel may choose to forgo additional manufacturing runs until existing inventories sell down.

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The Intel Customer Support Engineers are not allowed to talk about future products or schedules.

Since this is a relatively new product category, I would think that both distributors and storefronts will be leery of taking on larger inventories until sales demonstrate a reasonable run rate.

According to the latest leaked Intel NUC roadmap (just google "leaked intel nuc roadmap" and you will find your way to it), Chaco Canyon does not EOL until sometime in 2022. In my experience, Intel rarely "pulls in" EOL dates but, if sales are dismal, Intel may choose to forgo additional manufacturing runs until existing inventories sell down.

...S

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner
Thanks!
0 Kudos