cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHowe
Beginner

NUC8i7BEH BIOS: POST function hotkeys displayed

Running BIOS version 48:

The BIOS POST function hotkeys are not displayed on boot regardless if the "POST function hotkeys displayed" checkbox is checked or not in the BIOS configuration.

F2, F7, etc. do work properly when tapped during boot so this just seems to be an issue around the "Displayed" checkbox operation.

Anyone else see this issue?

Thanks!

Sorlec

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Sorlec283

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.

Allow me to share with you that I have reviewed this behavior on my end and I have the same outcome, allow me to investigate more the case, I will be posting back when news becomes available.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

raydabruce
Novice

Same BIOS version on my NUC8i5BEK. (0048)

Same issue -- no hotkeys displayed, not even for a half second.

I changed the the hard drive seek from 0 to 5 seconds to give more time to the POST display ... no change, no F keys displayed.

Also, why does the NUC8 BIOS list settings for the "LED Ring" ? The NUC8 does not have the LED ring like the NUC7 did.

Time for another BIOS update to fix these issues.

Ronny_G_Intel

Hello,

I duplicated this behavior and sent the issue up for consultation and here is the answer:

This is the expected behavior but if you go to the BIOS configuration and go to Advanced>Boot>Secure Boot and set it to "Disabled", the Hotkeys will show up.

This happens because on more recent NUCs such as Bean Canyon, Secure Boot is set to "Enabled" by default while it is set to "Disabled" on previous NUC generations.

Having this functionality is a Microsoft* requirement and from now on an expected behavior.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

OAnde
Beginner

I will try this and report back.

But is it also so that NUC8 does not have the LED-ring anymore as a previous poster mentioned?

OAnde
Beginner

Confirmed. This "fixes" the displaying of the F-keys, even thou it's not really a problem.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Muyfa666,

Thank you for your response.

Thank you very much for letting us know about the outcome, we are glad to hear that the issue has been fixed.

Please let us know if you have any other concern regarding this topic

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation