Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

for 3 days now I have tried to get the notification to download the above. It keeps saying failed when I press install.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yea, there are issues and they are being worked by the IDSA development team.

In the meantime, to help the development team with the debug of these errors, please create a ZIP file containing everything in your C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA folder. Use the paperclip icon below the edit window to upload and attach this ZIP file to a response post.

Note that some of the LOG files in this folder will fail to copy into the ZIP file because still in use. This is normal. You can use Task Manager to terminate the DSAService and DSAUpdateService processes so that these log files will copy.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks so much. I am a Disability Pensioner (67), I'll copy your reply and ask Australia on Monday for some help. Thanks again, much appreciated (Mate, ha ha.!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Scott, I despaired at the suggest task and got the Help of Intel support, who have created the Zip file for me. The said you are actually the/A, support person. They could not forward it to you so am going to send it to you.

if that is okay and safe to do here? Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Actually, I am just a volunteer here (a retiree as well). The ICS folks are supposed to be the "official" interface to the IDSA team. No worries; I will inform the right folks of the availability of the download.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello GWils12,

We would like to jump in to assist you.

Please provide us with the log files that you created.

If possible, please let us know the version of Intel® DSA that you are running and provide us with a system report generated by the Intel® SSU.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello GWils12,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks, I have no idea how intel works, posted the SSu to you, then heard nothing after that. Then I contacted you again yesterday asking what is the next step as I was still getting notices?, This morning at 9:45 AM,

I already had 2 new notifications about the same update. I clicked on it after opening the forums, signed in and then seeing your above reply to me, I then clicked the update and it states, (copied) : BIOS

Version 0037 Date 4/29/2020.

There is no reference to the initial communication to update with Bios: INWHL 357 dated 5/05/2020. So at this stage :

Intel has not advised that the problem has been resolved.

And if so, why it happened? Is your information of system corrupt?

Above reply from others on the forum, tell me it had some flaws being ironed out. Have they scrapped and swept it under the carpet?

Now the update that would not work has totally disappeared. So how safe is my unit?

Please kindly give me some feedback what is going on.

Kind Regards,

Gerald Wilson

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello GWils12,

Were the files attached directly to the thread? We have not received any files yet.

We released a new version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant version 20.5.20.3 that contains a fix for the issues reported on Intel® Communities. Please rescan Intel® DSA and update to version 20.5.20 and see if it works as expected.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello GWils12,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you WannerG-Intel for your help. I did send you SSU on the 15 TH May and System now reads up to date. Thank you for all your help..

Kind Regards,

Gerald Wilson.

0 Kudos