Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

[12th gen + 800p] There are no valid disk pairs in your system

nhac
Beginner

My system is as below:

i5 12400f

B660M DS3H DDR4

Intel Optane 800p 118gb

I want to pair Optane with my HDD but there is only the error "there are no valid disk pairs in your system"

Please help me fix it.

Product version: 19.0.1022.0

Driver Version: 19.0.0.1067

Thank you.

This is the disk scan: 

nhac_0-1641825347794.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, nhac.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forum.

I received your case regarding the Optane 800P, I will be happy to assist.

Regarding your Optane 800P, only the Optane products labeled as "Memory " can be used to accelerate other storage devices, Optane SSDs are designed as standalone units that make use of the same technology.

You can review the article below for more details, but in short, only the "Intel® Optane™ Memory" and "Intel® Optane™ Memory M10" series can be used to accelerate a different disk:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058286/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Now, regarding your system, something else you must consider is that 12th Gen platforms no longer provide support for the those Optane Memory families, and provide support only for the Optane Memory H10 and H20 series, and these cannot be used to accelerate other drives.

If you have any questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on January 13th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
nhac
Beginner
Hi,
This combi works on 10th gen previously. Now Intel just drop support when the product is just a few year old.
I don't feel like upgrading at all when Intel product kept changing like that. Can Intel provide an alternative software if the team are no longer commit to the product in question?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nhac.

I understand that you were able to setup the 800P for acceleration, but that was not the way it was intended to be used. You can continue using it as a secondary storage since it was manufactured with that purpose in mind.

Regarding the Optane Memory and the M10 series, support will continue being provided on compatible platforms, from the 7th to the 11th Gen, which will continue being the available for a while.

There are no other software recommendations I can provide, but I can leave the thread open in case other community members have any suggestions or comments. Another option would be to check on other technology-related community forums for recommendations from fellow users adopting these new platforms trying to accomplish something similar, or the forums of your motherboard manufacturer.

The thread will be closed on January 13th if other interactions do not take place.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nhac.

This post is to let you know that we are closing this community thread since other interactions did not take place.

I previously recommended to review other communities for recommendations for secondary HDD acceleration as the Intel SSD 800P is not intended for this purpose, and the Optane memory and Optane Memory M10 series are not supported by 12th Gen systems.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread or contact us via any of the available support methods, since this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel Support:

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos