Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

5MB Unallocated Drive Space

gfnu0
Beginner

It says that "The end of the targeted SATA OS drive must contain at least 5MB of continuous unallocated space". Does it means that we have to do it manually by creating minimun 5MB unallocated space or it automatically created by itself?

On the first driver installation, after it asked for restarting the computer, it doesn't boot to windows.. just blank screen. I'm using Dell G7 laptop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
9 Replies
gfnu0
Beginner

I'll try to reinstall my laptop for a fresh install and set the unallocated space. I'll inform you later. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi gnfu0;

Greetings from Intel®, Optane communities.

We will be waiting for your response, and the results of the procedure you have recommended.

Please use the following information, in order to successfully perform a successful Intel® Optane Memory installation.

Installation Guide for Intel® Optane™ Memory

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023989/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Don’t hesitate to contact us in case you might have any additional inquires.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
gfnu0
Beginner

Thank you. I've tried to reinstall the laptop. Create 4GB unallocated space at the end of the drive. But the problem still exists. When i install the optane memory software, on the last step 3/3, it asked for a restart. Then i click restart on the button. But it doesn't it doesn't boot back to windows, still in bios (there is no indication any process running at all). I have to power off the button manually to turn it off, then power on.

Anyway, the software installed correctly. But why does it stuck like that. I've tried to disabled secure boot, but nothing works.

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi gnfu0,

Thank you for your reply to the Intel® Optane community.

In order to fully understand your system’s environment, and to start with our diagnostics process on this issue, we need to receive the information requested below; we have available, the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*; you’ll be able to download it on the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

·        Please download the software.

·        When finished downloading it, open it and follow instructions

·        Please attach the SSU Log text file obtained, on your next your reply.

To help you further with your request, it will be very helpful to receive from you, a screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows, showing your HDDs and partitions. To access the disk manager you can choose from the following 2 ways:

# 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu.

Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management.

# 2: Access Disk Management via Run.

Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box and tap OK.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

0 Kudos
gfnu0
Beginner

Sorry for the late reply, here's the attachment:

Capture.PNG

I'ms using RST version now and it's fine with the installation. But i wonder why it doesn't work with the OptaneMemory version? Thank you.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Sixt days ago I've send you instruction how to enable Optane on your laptop: https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/il/en/ilbsdt1/g-series-15-7588-laptop/g7-7588-setupandspecs/enabling-intel-optane-memory?guid=guid-fe39a314-6129-4a79-a5fa-b69617360582&lang=en-us It is Dell requirement to use the Intel RST version.

Leon

0 Kudos
gfnu0
Beginner

Oh, my bad. Thank you LWAKSMAN. I didn't follow the second link

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi gnfu0,

Thank you for your reply to the Intel® Optane community.

First of all, we would like to thank our Super user for the valuable help on this case.

Please bear in mind, as it was recommended, when configuring Optane memory in OEM systems like laptops, it may be possible that there are special requirements for the setup, like in this case using the RST application. We recommend in these scenarios to contact the laptop manufacturer directly for better assistance.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

0 Kudos