Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Bad_Module_Info Error for Multiple Games After Optane Memory Module Installation

idata
Employee

After installing the 32gb Optane Memory Module, I am noticing COMPLETELY random game freezes and then crashes about 4 seconds after the freeze. Something I want to make VERY clear is that I'm not 100% sure if the memory module is to blame for this, or if perhaps it is one of the many BIOS options that I had to configure in order to get it to work, but I think it is reasonable to assume that either one of these is the culprit, as I've never had this crash for any game before installation.

The games that I have experienced this crash on are Arma 3 and Ark: Survival Evolved, and as I said, there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to when or why it crashes. I have tried solvants offered online, such as disabling fullscreen optimization, but this makes no difference whatsoever.

I'm not sure what files would be required in order to receive help here, so I'll wait for someone to tell me what files they need.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Pomf,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

I understand that you are experiencing intermittent system crashes.

In order to provide the adequate assistance, could you please attach the report generated by the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-.

Additionally, could you please share an image of the "Bad_Module_Info" error message?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pomf,

I was wondering if you have any updates or questions.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos