Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Cannot Install Optane Memory UI - No Error Code

SKis
Beginner

So I have looked at countless youtube tutorials, the official intel one on the support site, and called MSI support too. I already have the optane 16gb memory in my desktop motherboard (MSI-A H270 Pro). I got to do the setup of the optane memory, and I rebooted the computer through the installer. When windows [10] started back up, it gave the same "additional settings are being installed" with a big optane memory logo before it booted up, just like I see on everyone's videos. Then, when I sign into windows, I get the other "additional installation is required" and asks yes or no to proceed. I click yes, then it forms the optane UI executable where the final step is, to enable the optane memory, but when I click it, windows asks if its ok to use hard drive space, I click yes......and nothing happens. I can keep repeating this, keep clicking yes to allow to use hard drive space, but nothing happens.

I called technical support for optane memory and I've been on hold for 39 minutes before my phone ran out of battery.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SKis
Beginner

Update.

Still havn't gotten it to work, but I found it on my icon bar, and same thing happens when I click it, wont start but asks me if it's ok to use hard drive space. Already tried running as admin.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Santikis,

We understand that you are unable to activate the Intel® Optane™ Memory Technology since it keeps asking you if you want to use the HDD space.

-We'd like to know if you get any kind of error message while trying to enable it?

-Could you please share with us the installation logs? (You can get them from C:\Users\Yourusername\Intel\Logs). Please use the advanced button to attach them here.

-Please make sure the BIOS on your system is the latest one, https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H270-A-PRO.html here you can download it. (We do suggest you contacting MSI* for it)

-Please share the computer's specification, you can use this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 utility.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
SKis
Beginner

Yes, my BIOS is updated to the newest version. The top file named "Intel info" is the one on the 4th request.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Santikis,

Thanks for the files and information provided.\

We'd like to look into the information you've sent and we'll be giving you a response soon, please in the meantime, if you can send us a screenshot of how "disk management" shows, it will be really helpful.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
SKis
Beginner

Yes here is a screenshot of Disk Managment.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Santikis,

Based on the screenshot, it should work fine, but since there is no error message on it, we suggest to you to try the following:

-Delete the Windows C: partition only and reinstall the operating system.

-Once the operating system is installed, please try the SetupOptaneMemory.exe again.

-Please provide screenshots in case of failure again.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Santikis,

We'd like to know if you were able to follow the instructions provided above. We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos