Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Cannot turn Optane "online"

SVive1
Beginner

I've had an ongoing issue with my Intel Optane 32 GB for over 2 weeks now. I had the device installed in a new PC I ordered from CyberPowerPC and it was running fine. 2 weeks ago however my Windows became corrupted because of a bad patch they released and I had to do a complete Operating System reinstall, in order to do so I had to disable the Optane first. After doing so and reinstalling Windows 10 I have tried for long hours and several days talking with their tech support trying to get my Optane working again but it will not. I've looked at numerous guides online trying to get it fixed and couldn't find the answer.

I have the Intel RST installed and the drivers as well (to the best of my knowledge. The device does not show up in this program). However in Disk Management my Optane Drive is being listed as Offline, any attempt to right click the drive and set it to Online is met with a popup saying "The parameter is incorrect". Also oddly enough in Disk Manager it is showing the Optane as having the same drive capacity as my HDD (I should note i am trying to install this on my secondary drive, as it originally was). My SSD is used for my operating system and is connected to an M2 slot so it does not need acceleration (this is how I asked it to be set up when ordering the pc, and like I said I had no problems before).

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this to turn Online, I was told by CyberPowerPC to try to remove and put the optane back into the same slot, again which I did and it changed nothing. After a week of messaging them for some reason they have stopped replying to me and I haven't heard from them at all last week about my problems with the device and now I am here trying to get assistance. I have also just tried to shrink the drives by 5mb to make sure I have the unallocated space on them but it doesn't seem to have made any difference, and because I am assuming the size is so small I can't even see the change on disk manager.

I have attached a picture of the Diskmanager screen as I try to turn the device online and all other pictures I thought might be relevant, you can also see the odd capacity size on it as well. I will note that my BIOs is also updated with all the current drivers (ASUS Prime Z370-P).

0 Kudos
42 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Ccloudff7,

It's great that you fixed the issue and setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

Please keep in mind that we just provide a general guidance on how to configure the BIOS as all motherboard models are different. For specific settings and configurations, for example the slots the drives are connected to and their configuration, it's better to contact the motherboard manufacturer as they are the ones that know how the BIOS should be properly configured.

I tried to help you configuring the BIOS based on the information available online, but it's still hard as we don't have access to every BIOS configuration, and we are not aware of the specific settings each motherboard has.

Anyhow, I'm glad to know you have your Intel® Optane™ Memory up and running.

If you ever have another issue or concern about the module, please feel free to open a new thread. We'll try to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos