Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Check optane memory

PEspo1
Beginner

Hi. There is any way to test o check the optane memory is not faulty? That is cos when I enable it, my Windows 10 goes to corrupt files and corrupt system files. That not happens when is disabled. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you create a large enough partition on the end of your HDD?

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
PEspo1
Beginner

Thank for replying. I´m not create any partition. The state of the HDD is same that came from the manufacturer. Acer in my case. Cannot run any program, cos the windows is corrupted. But, before reinstall, y have do the recovery option using an USB copy of Windows, and I have noted the situation that I describe, Every time when enable optane in BIOS, the check disk found errors in file system. But when disable the optane, not found any error. At the first, I believed that the problem is a faulty hard disk, but now I suspect is the optane memory. Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It sounds to me like you have not properly prepared for Optane. To start, create a 16GB partition at the end of your HDD.

You may want to review this video:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023853/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Doc

0 Kudos
PEspo1
Beginner

My laptop worked fine long time until windows goes corrupt. So, I believe the configuration of partitions is correct cos came in that way from the manufacturer Acer. I need to discart if is a hard drive or optane trouble. I believe is optane, so I asked here if there is any way to check it. Thanks

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't think it is an Optane issue; not based on just the original error. After that point, however, it sounds more like you are not following the processes.

Just saying,

...S 😷

0 Kudos
PEspo1
Beginner

I´m just using the logical. Optane enable=files corruption. Optane disabled=looks like fine. I don´t know which are the processes that you´re referring. Just need to know how to be sure if is or not faulty the optane.

0 Kudos