Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Combine m10 Optane drives

Ramx2
Beginner

Greetings

Please be patient on me that's my first post here

I've purchased 4 x 16 GB M10 optane drives and I would like those 4 to be combined as single drive array to boost my main ssd drive.

I have i9-9900K CPU , ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING and I also purchased ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 PCIe 3.0 X4 Expansion Card V2 Supports 4 NVMe to use it on the second PCIe slot.

The board is compatible with Optane :

Expansion Slots
2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8)
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
Storage
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)*2
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready

The M10 uses 2 PCIe lanes so, the total should be 8 lanes for the M10  and the Gpu will use 8 lanes from the CPU.

Any special configuration should be done? Please advise.

Ram!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

What is allowed is one optane module with one hard drive.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Ramx2,

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory M10 Series. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can review the following information:

• As stated in the Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

System acceleration is only supported with one module and one supported drive. Additional modules in the system aren't supported for system acceleration.

• We do advise you to consult with your motherboard manufacturer if the usage of this expansion card is supported when you are trying to configure the Optane memory.

• Regarding the BIOS configuration to use your Optane, we advise you to consult your Motherboard manufacturer manual available on their website (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z390-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Manual/) or to open a ticket with them through their support lines.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

Ramx2
Beginner
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Ramx2,

Thank you for your reply.

You are welcome. We will be looking forward to your response in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.
Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Ramx2,

We were reviewing your community thread related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory M10 Series, and we would like to know if you need further assistance with your Optane configuration.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Josh B.

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ramx2.

Good day,

This message is to follow up on your community thread to check i further assistance is required.

We previously shared that only one Optane Memory is supported to be paired per system, the use of multiple units is not supported/validated by us.

The thread will be closed right now since further assistance was not requested, but if you have other questions, please open a new thread since this one will no longer be monitored, or contact us via one of the other support methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What is allowed is one optane module with one hard drive.