Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Does this laptop Support Optane?

JHard5
Beginner

Hello all, i am trying to find out if this laptop supports Optane?

Here is the laptop: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NH.GM2AA.001 VX5-591G-5652 | Laptops - Tech Specs & Reviews - Acer

I tried to ask acer if it has the 200 series chipset and this is there responce:

Unfortunately, Acer Aspire VX5-591G-5652 uses Intel Kabylake-H platform and not the Mobile Intel Express Chipset. Kind Regards, Acer Service Team

So i have no idea and hopefully someone can help me out

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello kenpachizero,

We understand you would like to find out if your Acer* laptop is capable of supporting Intel® Optane™ Memory.

Please keep in mind that aside from the hardware requirements (M.2 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x2 port, 7th Gen Intel® Core processor, 200 Series Chipset), your computer's UEFI must also be Optane™ Memory-ready. For some systems this means that can be supported after a BIOS update, for others it means that despite hardware requirements Optane™ may never be supported.

We reviewed the product specifications and by the looks of it, your computer meets the base requirements. However, the best way to confirm would be to ask your computer manufacturer if this model is "Intel® Optane™ Memory-ready". If they're unable to provide an answer, then it's more than likely that it will not support this technology.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kenpachizero,

We understand you would like to find out if your Acer* laptop is capable of supporting Intel® Optane™ Memory.

Please keep in mind that aside from the hardware requirements (M.2 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x2 port, 7th Gen Intel® Core processor, 200 Series Chipset), your computer's UEFI must also be Optane™ Memory-ready. For some systems this means that can be supported after a BIOS update, for others it means that despite hardware requirements Optane™ may never be supported.

We reviewed the product specifications and by the looks of it, your computer meets the base requirements. However, the best way to confirm would be to ask your computer manufacturer if this model is "Intel® Optane™ Memory-ready". If they're unable to provide an answer, then it's more than likely that it will not support this technology.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
JHard5
Beginner

Awesome, Thank you for that

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kenpachizero,

You're welcome. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos