Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Downloading drivers for Intel Optane H20 with SSD 512G

dareys
Beginner

Greetings,

I am trying to reformat this disk but the Windows 10 PRO image I have does not "see" the drive, I suspect the required drivers are not in it. For that matter,  I have not found them on the HP web site so I hope I can find how to download them here and that this will allow me to proceed.

Thank you and best wishes for 2022.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Dareys.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your thread regarding the Optane H20 not recognized during OS installation; I will be glad to assist you.

It is possible that your system requires the Intel RST driver to be installed manually during the Windows setup, please follow the instructions found in the article below to download the appropriate version for your system:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058724/memory-and-storage.html

The system manufacturer may also provide their own version of the RST driver, and it is also recommended to contact them directly for information regarding the appropriate BIOS configuration required for Optane H20.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or in case this did not resolve your issue, and I will follow up on January 5th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Dareys.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your thread regarding the Optane H20 not recognized during OS installation; I will be glad to assist you.

It is possible that your system requires the Intel RST driver to be installed manually during the Windows setup, please follow the instructions found in the article below to download the appropriate version for your system:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058724/memory-and-storage.html

The system manufacturer may also provide their own version of the RST driver, and it is also recommended to contact them directly for information regarding the appropriate BIOS configuration required for Optane H20.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or in case this did not resolve your issue, and I will follow up on January 5th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

dareys
Beginner

Hello,

I apologize for the late response but somehow I missed your response from 03-DEC-2022.

In any case, the HP Comunity Forums and Support outlined a similar procedure however the description I found here was clearer.

I had not realized that I needed to TRY to Download BOTH Intel® RST driver packages F6flpy-x64(Intel® VMD).zip and F6flpy-x64(Intel® Non-Intel® VMD).zip , unzip both folders separately to a USB flash drive.

I will be working on this today and will let you know.

Thank you very much.

Jean-Pierre

Preview

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Dareys.

Thank you for letting letting me know.

I will keep the thread open and follow up again on January 10th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel

Hello, Dareys.

Good day,

I see you have selected my initial response as the solution, and I'm glad to know everything is working fine.

The thread will be closed right now, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back by opening a new thread or using any of the available support methods:

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos