Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Error Code: 0xA008002D

canll
Beginner

# Scenario-1:

1) 512GB NVME Samsung (with Windows-Installation).

2) Optane as secondary drive Acc. + HDD 2TB

Result: Not Problem.

# Scenario-2: Clone && Replace NVME: 512GB --> 2TB

1) 2TB NVME 660P (with Windows-Installation).

Result: I receive Code: 0xA008002D, but the HDD is being accelerated by Optane (tested with benchmark).

# Scenario-3: Clean Installation with 2TB

1) 2TB NVME 660P (with Windows-Installation).

Result: I receive Code: 0xA008002D and I can't connect HDD-Optane.

# Scenario-4: Clean Installation with NVME 256GB

1) NVME 256GB (with Windows-Installation).

Result: It's ok.

# Scenario-5: Clean Installation with P1 Crucial 1TB -->Same Error that 3).

RESUME:

• As Secondary HDD accelerator, Optane works only, if the main NVME is <=512GB,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Yes, this is strange. I agree. I assume that when you say "1 NVME", you intend to say 1 PCIe slot x4? Since the slot is PCIe x 4 and the installed drive may have NVMe interface or SATA interface.
  2. And yes, GPT partition is mandatory to work with Optane acceleration. MBR partition is not supported. See paragraph 1.2.3, 1.a. on page 6 in Intel Optane Installation Guide https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

You are probably aware about this? Is the 2TB Partition style GUID Partition Table (GPT)? Is the UEFI mode enabled in Bios?

Leon

0 Kudos
canll
Beginner

My System:

• 1NVME (main) with Windows (512Gb or 1TB, 2TB)
  • 1NVME with Optane (to cache)
  • 1SATA, with the 2TB-HDD.

Then:

• Main NVME (Windows) is always GPT (UEFI,...)
  • HDD with 2TB (not Windows installed) is GPT (but it's not necessary); the Disc should be accelarated with Optane.

All works ok with the main NVME <512GB; in another case, i get the error (with 1main nvme 1tb or 2tb)

strange, no?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Yes, this is strange. I agree. I assume that when you say "1 NVME", you intend to say 1 PCIe slot x4? Since the slot is PCIe x 4 and the installed drive may have NVMe interface or SATA interface.
  2. And yes, GPT partition is mandatory to work with Optane acceleration. MBR partition is not supported. See paragraph 1.2.3, 1.a. on page 6 in Intel Optane Installation Guide https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf

Leon

0 Kudos
canll
Beginner

Thanks for your quick reply && the GPT info.

( I can see:1 Connector NVME/SATA (M.2) + 1 Connector Only NVME (M.2) + 1 SATA (normal, for HDD/SDD) )

As described, the problem is the size of the NMVE Disc with the Windows-Partition:

- With 512GB, there aren't Problems.

- With 1TB or greater, i get the error.

- With 1TB or greater, but HDD+Optane were previously connected , i get the error, but the cache works 😋 .

HDD (2TB) +Optane (32GB) is always equal.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello canll, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
canll
Beginner

Now I use the Configuration (work, work, work, ...):

- NVME slot of 512 GB (main, Windows)

- NVME Optane 32GB slot (cache)

- HDT 2TB (accelerated by Optane)

and it's OK; however, if I use 1TB, 2TB in the NVME slot (main, Windows), I get the problem.

I am interested in knowing why I get the error.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello canll, Thank you for your reply and for the information provided. In order to better understand your current configuration, please provide us with the following information: • A screenshot of the Disk manager showing all the storage devices. To access the disk manager you can choose from the following 2 ways: # 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu. o Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management. # 2: Access Disk Management via Run. o Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box and tap OK. • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the "Code: 0xA008002D" error. • We will like to know the software and the software version of the tool that you are using to control your Optane memory. We will be looking forward to your reply in order to further assist you. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello canll, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello canll, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos