Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Error Optane in Intel (r) 400 series

galk99
Beginner

Specs:

• OPTANE MEMORY M10 MEMPEK1W016GA
  • Intel Core i310100
  • Motherboard H410M H (rev 1.0)

I've already tried all kinds of solutions from the Intel website. Install in UEFI mode, I put the disk in GPT mode, but nothing works. I always get this error. "Function not supported in AHCI mode". I already tried to change the SATA configuration in the Bios, but only the AHCI option appears and I cannot change it to RST. I also have the BIOS updated.

WM-337d2a8d-53e0-48cf-ae4c-e8e563c482c8.jpg

My chipset is 400 series.
WM-7cb6ebab-0525-4e90-a607-e13bb06b0862.jpg

I have consulted the official page of my motherboard and apparently everything is compatible and I also installed all the drivers.
WM-809e6cf8-ce87-4881-b36b-6691674fd738.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @galk99.

Thank you for the quick response and screenshot.

It looks like the best option right now would be to contact the motherboard manufacturer directly as there is no information we can provide regarding this message or how to overcome it.

The user manual mentions Intel RST in the SATA mode selection:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_h410m-h_e.pdf

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @galk99.

Than you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I received your ticket regarding the Optane Memory error message, I will be glad to assist you.

- Is this a new Windows 10 installation?

- Did you try loading the BIOS default values? Go to BIOS, Click Save & Exit, Click Load Optimized defaults, Accept, Click Save & Exit, go back into the BIOS again and see if the Intel RST option is there in the SATA Mode selection.

Please keep in mind that, depending on the BIOS changes, your system may not be able to boot and will require a new OS installation; this is not for sure, but is a possibility.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A contingent worker at Intel

0 Kudos
galk99
Beginner

@BrusC_Intel 
No, I only get AHCI mode, and I get a message that says: pch sku doesn't support rst

0 Kudos
galk99
Beginner

Attached the image capture of the bios where it shows me that I can only use AHCI

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @galk99.

Thank you for the quick response and screenshot.

It looks like the best option right now would be to contact the motherboard manufacturer directly as there is no information we can provide regarding this message or how to overcome it.

The user manual mentions Intel RST in the SATA mode selection:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_h410m-h_e.pdf

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A Contingent worker at Intel

0 Kudos