Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Error while enabling Optane memory

timur555
Beginner

If installing SetupRST, enabling causes error A0070032 which isnt described in errors description

Installing SetupOptaneMemory causes error A0070000 and its also isnt described.

Optane memory is seen by windows as local disc. In bios, sata driver is set as Intel RST with optane accelleration

All the soft is downloaded from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29339?v=t

How to make it work???

0 Kudos
16 Replies
timur555
Beginner

Also, i found out that Intel Optane Memory Service is down and if I start it manually, it goes down automatically as no app is using it

0 Kudos
timur555
Beginner

Computer is Intel NUC NUC7i7BNH with preinstalled Optane memory

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Probably your Optane memory wasn't disabled correctly. Backup your drive and try to disable it in Bios:
  2. Enter Bios settings (press F2 during boot).
  3. Open Advanced > Add Inn Configuration.
  4. In Intel Rapid Storage Technology line, click on Configure.
  5. Move cursor on Intel Optane and press enter
  6. Disable Optane enablement.
  7. Save this configuration and exit.
  8. Now, enable Optane again with Setup Optane Memory.

Leon

0 Kudos
timur555
Beginner

I got to this section in bios, but all the lines are read only and don't allow to change anything. 

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

"I got to this section in bios, but all the lines are read only..." What section in Bios has "read only" lines? Please attach the image of the Bios screen you are referring.

Leon

0 Kudos
timur555
Beginner

image.jpg23A057B1-26E6-4314-8057-9E5D4370630B.jpegDAF05E9E-EBDE-419B-9DF4-EA58CFAA2BAB.jpeg

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. From the attached I can see that your Optane Memory is disabled.
  2. Is this new installation?
  3. Has it worked before?
  4. Please download Intel System Suport Utility (SSU) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  5. Run SSU scan and please save the results.
  6. The txt file with the results, please attach to your post. Use "paper clip" in the left bottom corner.
  7. In addition, please attach an image of Disk Management.
  8. Please click on Windows + R key. Run diskpart command. Command Prompt will open.
  9. Write command list disk and press enter.
  10. Attach the image of Command Prompt window showing disks partitions.

Leon

0 Kudos
timur555
Beginner

Снимок2.PNG

it’s a new installation

I still can’t make it work as it must

disk part is in Russian, state of the both discs is online

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Russian is not a problem. I got all information I wanted. You Bios is updated and set to UEFI. You have the latest Windows version and the system disk is correctly partitioned to GPT type partition. So from theoretical point of view every thing look OK. You are also correct saying that the errors generated during installation are not documented.
  2. From the attached image I can see that almost all Optane memory is allocated and only 1024KB is unallocated. This is not correct you should see all 13GB unallocated. So, run again DiskPart and List Disk commands and execute the following commands in order to wipe the Optane Memory:
  • sel disk n (where n is the number of Optane Drive 16GB) According to image you have sent n=1.
  • clean all

3. In addition you should leave 5 - 15 MB of unallocated space in the end of your C drive. You may do this in Disk Management by shrinking the C partition. This will be used by Optane. See the attached image for example, how your Disk Management should look before enablement.

4. Open Apps and Features in Windows settings and uninstall any Intel Optane Memory or Intel RST driver.

5. Download and install latest SetupOptaneMemory.exe https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29340/Intel-Optane-Memory-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-System-Acceleration?product=99745 and install it.

6. Try now enable Optane Memory.

7. Here is a link to Optane Intallation Guide.

Leon

diskManagementOptaneDisabled.jpeg

0 Kudos
timur555
Beginner

Снимок3.PNGСнимок4.PNGI did everithing.

diskpart doesnt allow to clean all the partitions.

I tried by disk management. It allowed to erase only one large part. i deleted it and created again.

I uninstalled and installed again the RST software.

but it gives again 0032 error.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Before enabling Optane, your partitions should be as shown on the picture I've attached to my post. That means, in the end of C drive you need have 5-15MB unallocated space and the Optane memory should by completely wiped.
  2. In the windows search box (on the Task Bar), write Command Prompt. On Start you will see Command Prompt label. Right click on it and then click on Run as Administrator.
  3. Now wipe your Optane memory (repeat paragraph 2 from my previous post).
  4. If you can do it, ask help from somebody more skilled in Windows handling.

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"diskpart doesnt allow to clean all the partitions."

Absolute rubbish. That is one of the things disk part is excellent at and will wipe your drive in a second.

I will not discuss it with you because I do not believe you should be using such a tool.

Doc

0 Kudos
timur555
Beginner

finally I wiped all the partitions from optane disk, and now i reistalling windows again, as it failed to boot at all

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Your Windows is not booting any more because it wasn't installed correctly. Wiping the Optane Memory with disabled Optane acceleration shouldn't affect system boot. After Windows installation and before enabling Optane, your Disk Management should look as shown on the image attached to my post. Follow the next paragraphs for correct Windows 10 installation:
  2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
  3. Your bios should be set to default settings.
  4. With the installation media inserted into USB slot, power ON your computer.
  5. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html
  6. In para. 7 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought.
  7. Skip on para. 12 and continue in para. 13. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
  8. Press Next and continue with the installation.

Leon

0 Kudos
timur555
Beginner

Leon, finally, I got it working. I dropped all the partitions both on ssd and optane and reinstalled windows and enebled the optane. It was a kind of quest and I dont understand why it didnt work from the very first installation?)

Thank you Leon, anyway, I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm glad that I could help you. As I've mentioned above - your Windows was incorrectly installed.

Leon

0 Kudos